VW Jetta SportWagen TDI: Newest cop car on the block?

Started by cawimmer430, October 14, 2010, 09:23:15 AM

cawimmer430

Read the comments section on this one. No wonder European makes are reluctant to bring over new cars to the US that are EFFICIENT but perhaps a tad slower.  :facepalm:

VW Jetta SportWagen TDI: Newest cop car on the block?

Volkswagen is building the plant for its coming New Midsize Sedan (NMS) in Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee. And what better way to make friends with soon-to-be neighbors than to give them new cars? That's what the German company did in handing over two Jetta SportWagen TDIs each to the Chattanooga police and the Hamilton County police.

To make sure the wagons are as stylish as they are secure, they get body kits and chrome exhaust tips for an "imposing presence" to go along with the custom interior to hold the authorities' communications and lighting gear. All this really means to you is another set of headlights to learn. You can start practicing with the gallery of high-res photos below, and learn more about the plant and the gesture in the press releases after the jump.

Link: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/13/vw-jetta-sportwagen-tdi-newest-cop-car-on-the-block/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Mustangfan2003

Galaxy

VW probably got millions in tax breaks and grants from Tennessee. Yes how generous of them to donate two cars.

I would like to see the list of equipment and how they integrated it. If it has everything a regular US police car has and is usable, then it might put an end to the "we need a large car" argument.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: Galaxy on October 14, 2010, 11:24:16 AM
VW probably got millions in tax breaks and grants from Tennessee. Yes how generous of them to donate two cars.

I would like to see the list of equipment and how they integrated it. If it has everything a regular US police car has and is usable, then it might put an end to the "we need a large car" argument.

Saw something funny last time I drove through Chattanooga

Looks like they have other signs too

Speaking of which I think the construction at the nearby Toyota plant was mostly done by a Memphis based company. 

Galaxy

So VW is responsible for a 300% increase in school fees, an increase in water bills, for this and that. Plus they have the audacity  to sponsor a soccer team. And they won't pay for bus service. Ah ha.

...the workforce...is increasingly being comprised of out-of-state workers employed by out-of-state contractors, as well as many foreign workers from countries such as Honduras, Mexico, Bolivia, Venezuela, and Puerto Rico.
I'm guessing that "many foreign workers" are like 20 people from Mexico, 10 from Puerto Rico, and one from Bolivia, Venezuela, and Honduras.  And what does a customer satisfaction report have to do with all of this?

To the people of Chattanooga, Volkswagen simply says, "Go 'farfegnugen' yourself!"
I am assuming that farfegnugen is supposed to be Fahrvergn?gen. They can't be bothered to do a 10s Google translate?

I had some sympathy for them when I read those billboards you posted. But after reading their website not anymore. My point is it's a poorly done website.

Mustangfan2003

I guess if a Tennessee company had a lower bid VW would've been more than happy to give them a contract.