UK Survey: BMW Drivers Angriest On The Road

Started by cawimmer430, October 15, 2010, 04:23:55 PM

cawimmer430

UK Survey: BMW Drivers Angriest On The Road

The BMW driver stereotype, techno-head, aggressive and ruthless, is once again the subject of some wacky survey.

According to a study involving more than 3,000 motorists, more than half of all drivers said they had suffered a ?bad experience? involving a BMW driver. Same survey says that ?drivers who own the flashy German built cars are more likely to tailgate, flick the finger and speed than anyone else on the road.?

?Although the white van man still features highly on the list, he has been well and truly over taken by BMW drivers ? who Brits consider rude, dangerous and bad tempered.

BMW overtook ?white van men in the UK poll, and Audi drivers came in as second.

The survey goes on by mentioning some of the poll results and you can see the full report here.

In the mean time, we simply resemble these stereotypes, just as many others out there, and we continue to believe that temper, education and common sense are some of the factors driving ?bad experiences? on the road, with less emphasize on the car being driven.

TOP 10 ANGRIEST DRIVERS

1.BMW

2.White van

3.Audi

4.Ford

5.Land Rover

6.Lorry

7.Vauxhall

8.Range Rover

9.Volkswagen

10.Mercedes

Link: http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/10/14/uk-survey-bmw-drivers-angriest-on-the-road/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Mustangfan2003

A slow Prius in front of me would piss me off too. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on October 15, 2010, 05:35:48 PM
A slow Prius in front of me would piss me off too. 

Don't risk loosing your license.

Use this instead.  :praise:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 15, 2010, 06:38:37 PM
I remember that one. One of the best Top Gear episodes ever.

That was actually off of a dvd that Clarkson made. 

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 15, 2010, 05:54:09 PM
Don't risk loosing your license.

Use this instead.  :praise:

Don't leave these in your backseat when going through the gates at the NSA. Even a fake one.
You'll get locked up and your 1st Sgt will have to go get you out.

(True story, happened to a friend.)
Will

Onslaught

I could see this in the US too. I'm not sure if angriest would be the best way to describe them however. Perhaps arrogant? On my 45 min drive to work every day when I pass the rich side of town the BMW drivers seem to think they're better than the rest of us and the road belongs to them.