*** EFA Museum of historic German cars, Amerang ****

Started by Colin, October 31, 2010, 04:26:07 AM

Colin

The weather for my recent weekend in Munich was not of the best, so when the forecast for Sunday said heavy rain all day (and it was accurate!), an indoor activity seemed like a good idea. I discovered that there was a car museum in the vicinity, in Amerang. And when I got there and found that it houses over 220 vehicles from an 1886 Benz all the way through some splendid 1930s Mercedes, Horch and Maybach to a Porsche 959, Audi Quattro Sport and the like, I just had to go and visit.

You can read the report here: http://www.themotor.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=294:efa-museum-fuer-deutsche-automobilgeschichte-amerang-d&catid=2:museums&Itemid=42

cawimmer430

I've been here quite a few times. It's near my place.  ;)

Thanks for the pictures and write up! A shame nobody here appreciates these cars. Must be Consumer Reports telling them that "German cars = crap" and the fact that none of them, except the Porsche 959, do 0-60 in under 5 seconds.  :facepalm:

By the way, this isn't a real BMW.

It's an EMW which stood for Eisenacher Motorenwerk. Think of it as a wannabe East German BMW that was created with left-behind tooling from the former BMW factory.  :ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Morris Minor

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși