VW buying Ferrari?

Started by Colonel Cadillac, November 12, 2010, 01:34:57 AM

Colonel Cadillac

omicron

What on earth would VW do with Ferrari, aside from competing against itself yet again?

hotrodalex

sportyaccordy

Quote from: omicron on November 12, 2010, 04:15:43 AM
What on earth would VW do with Ferrari, aside from competing against itself yet again?
Truthfully, it could take the Frri/Prsche rivalry to previously unreached heights... you know the brands in the VWAG or whatever it's called exist for no other reason than to squash each other out

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Mustangfan2003

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Onslaught

Xer0

What, why?  VW already has Lambo; this just seems so dumb.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 12, 2010, 09:00:05 AM
I know those spots but they would never have worked over here. :lol:

Because the guy isn't really German?

thewizard16

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 12, 2010, 09:00:05 AM
I know those spots but they would never have worked over here. :lol:
I'm not sure they worked over here other than to reaffirm people's suspicions that those Germans are an odd lot. :lol:

VW- Don't buy Ferrari. You already own everything I love, leave some competition out there to challenge you.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

the Teuton

It won't happen. Ferrari will go about winning its class in ELMS, VW will get pissed and subsequently enter an Audi R8 into the GTS class and kick the F458's ass for five years after that, as well as hire remarkably tall drivers who may need a bump notched into the roof for them.

The Italians would never lose Ferrari to the Germans.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Mustangfan2003

veedub is our new overlords. 

Atomic

Quote from: Xer0 on November 12, 2010, 05:28:30 PM
What, why?  VW already has Lambo; this just seems so dumb.
taking down the competition, i guess. well, buying it up, actually. it would have to be profitable, being a business deal.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on November 12, 2010, 06:48:33 PM
Because the guy isn't really German?

The humor just won't be understood here. And that slogan "German Engineering" is unknown here. I am serious. VW has never used it here. It's something they've created for North America it seems.

VW uses very simple and direct advertisements here that get straight to the point. That's pretty much how we want our car advertisements. No bullshit, no icing on the cake, just plain facts given to us straight away.  :tounge:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Xer0

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 13, 2010, 11:44:42 AM
The humor just won't be understood here. And that slogan "German Engineering" is unknown here. I am serious. VW has never used it here. It's something they've created for North America it seems.

VW uses very simple and direct advertisements here that get straight to the point. That's pretty much how we want our car advertisements. No bullshit, no icing on the cake, just plain facts given to us straight away.  :tounge:

Looks like Mercedes likes to use sluts in their German ads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P62UL6118dI&feature=related

Onslaught

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 13, 2010, 11:44:42 AM
No bullshit, no icing on the cake, just plain facts given to us straight away.  :tounge:
Oh, so they tell you their cars are shit? That takes balls.  :devil: