VW needs an economy car

Started by Tom, September 09, 2005, 05:31:03 PM

93JC

:rolleyes: :lol:

We called 'em "fag bags" back in the day. :lol:

mazda6er

QuoteIt's so easy to pick out your average Starbucks regular too.

17-30, white, short-to-medium length cropped hair (might be a little messy), wearing a tweed jacket and t-shirt underneath with some pinko anti-war or greenie slogan on it, black-rimmed glasses, and a single-strap backpack or bag (man-purse).
You forgot to mention the sandals and pencil-thin arms.  :P  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

93JC

I'm working from memory. It's been a LOOOOOOOONG time since I've even approached a coffee shop, let alone a Starbucks.

mazda6er

Well you've done a commendable job then.  Though I've never actually been in a Starbucks, I pass by the coffee shop on campus almost every day to point and laugh.  Oddly enough the "baristas" find this less than amusing.  A pity this thread isn't about Jettas anymore.  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

MX793

QuoteI'm working from memory. It's been a LOOOOOOOONG time since I've even approached a coffee shop, let alone a Starbucks.
I've only been to a coffee shop twice ever.  I don't drink coffee, so I have little reason to go to such establishments.  Once it was to a Starbucks for a writing class where we were working in groups and had to meet at some point during the semester and the rest of my group decided the campus Starbucks would be a good place.  Fortunately, we didn't actually sit inside the place, rather we gathered at a table outside.  The second time was to a little local cafe with a bunch of friends from high school just to hang out and catch up on what was going on with the gang.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MX793

Quote:rolleyes: :lol:

We called 'em "fag bags" back in the day. :lol:
You got the Seinfeld reference about the carry-all, I hope?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

93JC

Vaguely. I didn't watch much Seinfeld.

mazda6er

QuoteVaguely. I didn't watch much Seinfeld.
Now would be a good time to start.  ;)  It's quality stuff. You guys in Canada get mostly the same shows we do right?
--Mark

93JC

Yeah, pretty much. The Canadian networks pick up most American TV shows, and what they don't pick up I could just as easily watch on NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox and 'The WB'.

It's not that I didn't have access to Seinfeld: I didn't like Seinfeld.

And I still don't.

But I do seem to remember Jerry having his "European Carry-all" stolen from him...

mazda6er

QuoteIt's not that I didn't have access to Seinfeld: I didn't like Seinfeld.

And I still don't.
I had a feeling that might be the case (my suggestion that you watch more and my question about your shows in comparison to the U.S. ones were kinda separate things, sorry). Seems like your type of humor though, but  I guess not.
--Mark

Raghavan

How'd this go from Jettas to coffee shops?

93JC

I don't know what it is about Seinfeld, but it just isn't very funny to me.

mazda6er

QuoteHow'd this go from Jettas to coffee shops?

I believe it was ifcar's fault:

QuoteIt sounds like a coffee size to me.? <_<
--Mark

mazda6er

QuoteI don't know what it is about Seinfeld, but it just isn't very funny to me.
Well, as long as you still enjoy Jim Carey.  :rockon:
--Mark

93JC

We got talking about the various names the Jetta goes under.

In Europe the third generation Jetta was named Vento ("wind" in Italian), which happens to be very close to venti ("twenty" in Italian). Venti is what Starbucks calls their largest cup size (as far as I know).

Coincidentally most Starbucks customers tend to drive either Volkswagens, Volvos or Saabs. :lol:

mazda6er

We got talking about the various names the Jetta goes under.

In Europe the third generation Jetta was named Vento ("wind" in Italian), which happens to be very close to venti ("twenty" in Italian). Venti is what Starbucks calls their largest cup size (as far as I know).

Coincidentally most Starbucks customers tend to drive either Volkswagens, Volvos or Saabs. :lol:
Or bicycles.  :D  
--Mark

93JC

QuoteI don't know what it is about Seinfeld, but it just isn't very funny to me.
Well, as long as you still enjoy Jim Carey.  :rockon:
He's a guilty pleasure.  :P  :lol:  

93JC

QuoteCoincidentally most Starbucks customers tend to drive either Volkswagens, Volvos or Saabs. :lol:
Or bicycles.  :D
True, true.

Raghavan

I"m craving a Starbucks frapachino.

93JC

Raghavan

93JC

Raghavan

No that's yuppie CUM...

:lol:
Man, you're always full of laughs, JC. :lol:  :praise:  

Raghavan

93JC

Raghavan

QuoteBooya.       :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise:
Peeps.  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  

Raghavan

93JC

Threw that one in there to see what would happen.

:lol: