Top Gear thread

Started by Mustangfan2003, November 17, 2010, 09:32:40 PM

Morris Minor

Clarkson sitting on a bench in Whitby, eating cod & chips, ruminating on the i8. It was good TV.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

68_427

Pug segment had me in tears holy cow.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

SVT666

Last night's episode was good.  I can't believe how scared Ferrari is to have their car tested that they will bar any current owner from buying another Ferrari if they lend theirs to Top Gear.

CJ

Another limited production Ferrari, not any Ferrari.  I bet they get a lot of shit for mentioning that on the air.

hotrodalex

Quote from: CJ on February 23, 2015, 05:23:25 PM
Another limited production Ferrari, not any Ferrari.  I bet they get a lot of shit for mentioning that on the air.

What are they going to do, not lend them one of their cars? Oh wait...

SVT666

Quote from: CJ on February 23, 2015, 05:23:25 PM
That's as good as saying "We don't want your business anymore".  Only an idiot would buy another Ferrari after being banned from buying the one he really wants.

hotrodalex

Quote from: SVT666 on February 23, 2015, 05:20:24 PM
Last night's episode was good.  I can't believe how scared Ferrari is to have their car tested that they will bar any current owner from buying another Ferrari if they lend theirs to Top Gear.

Both Ferrari and McLaren are being twits.

SVT666

McLaren said they would do it as long as the cars were customer cars to avoid the factory from providing a ringer. That's a good idea considering Ferrari's reputation for doing just that.  Besides, McLaren doesn't have any production P1's left and Top Gear would have to drive the final pre-production mule set up exactly like a production car.

hotrodalex

They also said they wouldn't do it on the TG test track. I don't blame them for not wanting to use factory-provided cars.

68_427

Supposedly Mclaren tweeted saying they were actually ready for the track test.  Now with Top Gears reputation for fibbing a bit, I'm not sure who's really telling the story truthfully at this point.
'racecar is die'
no

CALL_911

I liked the beginning of the pug segment, when they were talking about Peugeots history. The dumb shit at the end wasn't funny imo

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

Having seen a LaFerrari in person, it doesn't look like much. I thought I was looking at a hopped up 458 for a second there. That said, what a car

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

hotrodalex

I really enjoyed this episode, the Ferrari bit was fantastic. I can see how it might not be as unique looking in person, though.

I enjoyed most of the Pug bit. Very over the top at the end, but still got chuckles out of me.

Morris Minor

Peugeots were nice cars: long-lived & reliable. My Dad had a 505 sedan & my uncle a 504 Estate as (great family hauler in the pre-minivan era). When I lived in France the family I was with had a fuel-injected 504TI. It was fast - to me anyway.

Now Peugeot is a bit of a joke. The point needed to be made, gentle public ridicule helps, but I thought the segment was over-long & it grew tedious.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

MX793

I like the stereotypical Peugeot driver.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

SVT666

This weeks episode is the one shot not too far from where I live here in BC. 

SVT666

Just hosted a Top Gear night to watch tonight's episode since it was filmed not to far from here.  The highway they traveled from Vancouver to Trail (they didn't mention the town by name) is one I travel quite often, a highway sign said "Merritt" which is where I was born and raised, and the Canadian Tire they were in is one I have shopped at many times.  Other than that the show was actually quite funny and we laughed a lot. Really good episode.

hotrodalex

Poor Hammond is doing all of the dangerous things this season while Clarkson and May live in luxury.

r0tor

Gillian Anderson.. Thumbs way up!!!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

SVT666

Yeah, Gillian Anderson is still hot as hell.

hotrodalex

r0tor

I thought it was fitting the Chevy got babied by May and still broke down... Poor GM
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

VTEC_Inside

Had absolutely no idea that Gillian Anderson was British.... Mind = Blown...

..would still probe....
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

SVT666

Quote from: r0tor on March 03, 2015, 06:15:18 AM
I thought it was fitting the Chevy got babied by May and still broke down... Poor GM
Says a lot about the Raptor that it still made it to the top with just 3 tires.

r0tor

Quote from: SVT666 on March 03, 2015, 08:48:03 AM
Says a lot about the Raptor that it still made it to the top with just 3 tires.

And Jeremy driving...

hotrodalex

Quote from: r0tor on March 03, 2015, 06:15:18 AM

I'm started to think you get some sort of sexual pleasure from any sort of problem on a GM vehicle, doesn't even matter if it's a manufacturer problem or user error.

SVT666

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 03, 2015, 10:20:56 AM
I'm started to think you get some sort of sexual pleasure from any sort of problem on a GM vehicle, doesn't even matter if it's a manufacturer problem or user error.
Even my wife said, "Ha! That figures", when James said what happened to the Chevy.

hotrodalex

Other than Clarkson jumping the Raptor, James' route actually looked a little tougher (more big obstacles). Towards the beginning I thought James was going to destroy the front end of the Chevy.

r0tor

Quote from: SVT666 on March 03, 2015, 11:26:29 AM
Even my wife said, "Ha! That figures", when James said what happened to the Chevy.

Same with my wife

68_427

Richard drives the new Miata
'racecar is die'
no