Redesigned Jeep Compass for 2011!

Started by Atomic, November 20, 2010, 10:39:10 AM

Atomic

love the front! now looks almost like a "real" jeep. seems better positioned to compete. the interior changes are said to be more drastic, pleasing to the eye and tactilely.

MX793

Something about the new front end is vaguely Aztek-ish.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Atomic

Quote from: MX793 on November 20, 2010, 10:46:28 AM
Something about the new front end is vaguely Aztek-ish.
don't mention that name  :rage:!

lol  :lol:

Atomic

jeep did the best to put on a new face, literally! those looking for a cute 'ute will love it cause it says jeep louder and clearer than pre-2011 models. "real" jeep enthusiasts will stay away but may date a woman driving a new "disguised" compass for '11 instead of being embarrassed. i think.

WookieOnRitalin

Meh.

There really is nothing sexy about the Compass. The proportions have always seemed off. The Patriot on the other hand. I've always enjoyed the styling of the Patty.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

Atomic

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on November 20, 2010, 12:00:00 PM
Meh.

There really is nothing sexy about the Compass. The proportions have always seemed off. The Patriot on the other hand. I've always enjoyed the styling of the Patty.
same here. they both stem from clinics where women indicated loving the compass, men loving the patriot. glad to see the efforts to improve the entire line-up until most of chrysler's products are replaced or even more heavily modified, like the sexy '11 charger and what i have seen of the luxury poised 300c.

SVT666

MUCH better.  Unfortunately it's still ugly.  Mating the GC front end with the Compass body does not work.

Atomic

Quote from: SVT666 on November 20, 2010, 02:06:06 PM
MUCH better.  Unfortunately it's still ugly.  Mating the GC front end with the Compass body does not work.
yes, much better for sure! i also agree about its shortcomings, like the awkward rear side quarter panels. not having a problem with the rear, but that of the jgc would add far more appeal. still, for an odd duck, i am impressed with chrysler's investment in the barrage of changes to even the mundane. i understand that there are more substantial changes in store for '12 and ever subsequent model year - hearkening back to the days of modest to moderate "face-lifts" year-to-year, as in the 50's, 60's and 70's. cool! heard plenty from dealer friends in attendance at chrysler's recent orlando, fl convention.

r0tor

That looks like a trainwreck.... literally like a half dozen suv's got smashed together in a trainwreck and all of their mismatch proportions remain intact
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

S204STi

Better but it's still a steaming assloaf with a Jeep badge on it.