Which gets recorded?

Started by Raza , September 12, 2005, 07:39:05 AM

Raza

I was wondering if I could hang on to any chance of leniency in the near future....

I got pulled over for doing 70 in a 35, 35 miles per hour over the speed limit.

But...I was convicted for doing 41 in a 35, 6 over the speed limit.  What goes down on the record, and what comes up on the computer when a cop looks me up, should it happen again?

And another thing--when my points go away, next year, does the ticket stay on my record?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

I think the speed for which you were convicted goes on your record, not the original speed.

Generally, points are on your record for a shorter time than the ticket is visible on your record.  In NY, points stay on your license for 18 months, but the ticket is on your record for informational and insurance purposes for a little over 3 years.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Catman

The police departments record will reflect the actual speed.

dazzleman

QuoteThe police departments record will reflect the actual speed.
Catman, would the police department record show up on a computer check if the driver got pulled over in another town?  I had been under the impression that once the ticket was settled in court, only the outcome would be available as part of the person's record, not the original charge.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Catman

QuoteThe police departments record will reflect the actual speed.
Catman, would the police department record show up on a computer check if the driver got pulled over in another town?  I had been under the impression that once the ticket was settled in court, only the outcome would be available as part of the person's record, not the original charge.
It would only show on that departments system unless they shared the database with another department.  The RMV would only list the offense as "speeding".  Other states may be different.

dazzleman

QuoteIt would only show on that departments system unless they shared the database with another department.  The RMV would only list the offense as "speeding".  Other states may be different.
Thanks for the information, Catman.  I hope your new position is going well.

Catman

QuoteIt would only show on that departments system unless they shared the database with another department.  The RMV would only list the offense as "speeding".  Other states may be different.
Thanks for the information, Catman.  I hope your new position is going well.
Hmmm, depends on the day.   :blink:  

mazda6er

Surely it's better than getting shot at? :P Come to think of it, have you ever been shot at?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Catman

QuoteSurely it's better than getting shot at? :P Come to think of it, have you ever been shot at?
No, fortunately.  The job I'm doing now is fine and I'm getting alot done but I miss patrol on occasion. :(  

Raza

I've had a gun pulled on me.

:praise:

It was actually pretty scary.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

QuoteI've had a gun pulled on me.

What were the circumstances?  Were you being held up?

mazda6er

He probably got into a religion debate with a hick priest. :lol:

"Miriam, fetch me my .45! We've got a frisky non-believer on our hands!"
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

No, it was in the context of road rage.  Someone I knew yelled something from the car, the guy into his car and chased us down, pulled a gun, waved it around, and then we turned off the bypass and he was stuck there.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i