Voting closed: December 26, 2010, 11:42:58 PM

SVT666

SVT666

Mustangfan2003

The Silverado won last year, WTF?

SVT666

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on December 17, 2010, 12:00:12 AM
The Silverado won last year, WTF?
Yeah.  I couldn't figure it out either.  It wasn't even close to being the best pickup last year.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: SVT666 on December 17, 2010, 12:02:36 AM
Yeah.  I couldn't figure it out either.  It wasn't even close to being the best pickup last year.

I know we got some Ford haters here but come on the Ram was even better than the Silverado.  I dunno maybe I'm still bitter about how big of a POS the one I drove was. 

Vinsanity

I know I nominated the Denali HD, because it's everything I'd want in a pickup truck, but ever since I saw the Raptor in TG...damn...

ifcar

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on December 17, 2010, 12:08:39 AM
I know we got some Ford haters here but come on the Ram was even better than the Silverado. 

I prefer most Fords to Chevrolets, but I've found the current Silverado to the best mix of the Ram's comfort and the F-150's capability. The F-150 I drove was just less pleasant on the road than the others.

GoCougs

Yeah, the Silverado was definitely the best in 2010 of the domestics. Ford still had its LOL engines and Dodge was a bit overwrought with the styling and had mid-pack drive trains.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Vinsanity on December 17, 2010, 12:29:20 AM
I know I nominated the Denali HD, because it's everything I'd want in a pickup truck, but ever since I saw the Raptor in TG...damn...
Same here but I don't go offroad enough to warrant buying a Raptor. The Denali would suit my lifestyle better than the Raptor. But I gotta admit that the Raptor is the coolest pick up on the market!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Onslaught

I think every modern, full size truck is butt as ugly. All of them.

3.0L V6

Ram - the coil sprung rear suspension and new styling are the sale for me. I don't need/want to tow 10,000+ lbs in a 1/2 ton pickup - if I'm towing that much, I'm moving up to a heavy duty model with a diesel.

The 3.7 V6 is behind the Ford's 3.7 DOHC in power, but better than GM's ancient 4.3L.

The small V8 (the 4.7L) is nothing to write home about, but the 5.7 Hemi will keep up (mostly) to the Ford 5.0L and 6.2L.

The GM V8s are roughly equivalent to their Dodge counterparts, the 4.8L and 5.3L are roughly comparable to Dodge's 4.7, while the 6.0L and 6.2L have just a bit of superiority to the Hemi in power.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

the Teuton

I'm not a truck person. I heart the Ram.

A Raptor would be a fun off-road toy. But then again, so would a WRX.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

FoMoJo

It's kind of hard not to pick the Raptor :huh:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

GoCougs

FWIW, Motor Trend named the Silverado HD its truck of the year. Funny how it's not an all-new truck despite the MT morons trying to make it so (as they tried to do with Fusion). It's the worst award in all of automobile magazine-dom.

Nonetheless, the only competition they mention in the article is the Ford Super Duty; the Silverado HD was pretty much better in all respects;  better drivablilty/on-road manners/handling (IIRC the only HD truck with a boxed frame), better acceleration performance, size/weight, and a cheaper price. The only aspect they complained about was the interior.

The MY2011 Silverado HD however is still saddled with the now-old 360 hp 6.0L. That needs to be replaced.

CJ