The look of a winner

Started by Mustangfan2003, December 26, 2010, 09:40:44 PM

Laconian

Check out that arm candy with the frazzy hair at 00:12. I bet she's snoozing behind those shades.

That video is depressing. Was that car ever considered cool?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Mustangfan2003

It still is cool if you're into jean shorts. 

TBR

I hate the lack of articles. Sounds retarded. "Monte Carlo SS has the look of a winner."

hotrodalex

Quote from: TBR on December 27, 2010, 04:30:48 PM
I hate the lack of articles. Sounds retarded. "Monte Carlo SS has the look of a winner."

Srsly.

Nethead

Wheels and tires have historically been a strong point of GM cars, and these 5-spoke aluminum wheels and Eagle GT tires are winners :ohyeah:. The car they're bolted to, not so much...

The second model of Monte Carlo--'though big--was a really good-looking car--the best-looking full-sized Chevy since the '65 Impala SS fastback coupe (Don't even think of arguing that the Monte Carlo was anything other than a full-sized car :nono:).  The first model of Monte Carlo, however, looked like an inflatable with a bit too much air in it.  The second model was right, then they down-sized it and screwed it up.  'Twas a sad, sad day in vehicledom :cry:
So many stairs...so little time...

S204STi

I sat in its cousin, the Grand National, and couldn't sit up straight because my head touched the headliner. And I'm 5'9". :mask:

omicron

Quote from: Nethead on December 28, 2010, 10:36:12 AM
Wheels and tires have historically been a strong point of GM cars, and these 5-spoke aluminum wheels and Eagle GT tires are winners :ohyeah:. The car they're bolted to, not so much...

The second model of Monte Carlo--'though big--was a really good-looking car--the best-looking full-sized Chevy since the '65 Impala SS fastback coupe (Don't even think of arguing that the Monte Carlo was anything other than a full-sized car :nono:).  The first model of Monte Carlo, however, looked like an inflatable with a bit too much air in it.  The second model was right, then they down-sized it and screwed it up.  'Twas a sad, sad day in vehicledom :cry:

The first-gen Monte Carlo looked like a larger Chevelle with two headlights missing. I still think I prefer it to the second, however.

Yes.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on December 26, 2010, 09:40:44 PM
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plv6_Zetj3k&feature=player_embedded

My brother had one of these when we were younger (like late 1990's). At the time I thought it was a pretty cool car.

ChrisV

Quote from: omicron on December 29, 2010, 07:12:50 AM
The first-gen Monte Carlo looked like a larger Chevelle with two headlights missing. I still think I prefer it to the second, however. 

Most people do, Omi. Most people do. there's a reason THEY appreciate greatly in value and the 2nd gens not so much.

Oh, and the 2nd gens (same chassis as my Pontiac Grand LeMans) were intermediate chassis cars, not full size.  :rolleyes: The Impala/Caprice and Bonneville were full size.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

omicron

How Miss Brown of Nutley, N.J. ever went to the shops in her '76 Impala, I shall never know.

Nethead

Quote from: ChrisV on December 31, 2010, 02:45:20 PM
Most people do, Omi. Most people do. there's a reason THEY appreciate greatly in value and the 2nd gens not so much.

Oh, and the 2nd gens (same chassis as my Pontiac Grand LeMans) were intermediate chassis cars, not full size.  :rolleyes: The Impala/Caprice and Bonneville were full size.

ChrisV:  The GM spin doctors spent a lot of money to convince the gullible that the Monte Carlos were intermediates.  A tape measure will reveal otherwise...
So many stairs...so little time...