Xenatec Maybach Cruiserio coupe enters production with Saudi investment

Started by cawimmer430, January 02, 2011, 05:48:51 AM

cawimmer430

Xenatec Maybach Cruiserio coupe enters production with Saudi investment

Want to get your hands on a Maybach coupe? You've got two options. First would be to commission a replica of the Exelero  concept car on the chassis of a Dodge Viper. That'll set you back ?550,000, or about $730k at today's conversion rates. Your other choice is to have Xenatec convert a Maybach 57 S limo into a coupe for ?675,000 ($894k).

We brought you initial news of the project back in May, followed by details in October. For a quick refresher, the German coachbuilder brought in Fredrik Burchhardt, designer of the original Exelero, to pen the modified shape for the coupe. The result keeps most of the saloon's mechanicals in place ? including the 600+ horsepower twin-turbo V12 ? only with modified bodywork, cabin and (of course) two longer doors instead of four.

Seen until now only in sketches, the Xenatec Maybach coupe has been (awkwardly) dubbed the Cruiserio, and it has just made its debut at Daimler headquarters in Stuttgart. The project is now being underwritten by a ?70 million ($93M) investment from AutoKingdom of Saudi Arabia. Over the course of three years, Xenatec and AutoKingdom ambitiously anticipate building 100 examples, and say they've already got enough orders to keep them busy for the next year or so. Can't wait that long? The first example is up for sale out of Riyadh, with a price tag of just under a cool million.

Link: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/30/xenatec-maybach-cruiserio-coupe-enters-production-with-saudi-inv/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Atomic

it looks great, but speaking of ostentatious cars. hehehe... i think the anticipated "factory-built" version rumored will "sell well" in extremely limited numbers, like the rolls-royce phantom coupe, drophead and bentley brooklands and azure.

Mustangfan2003

I guess this car will also not start if a woman is behind the wheel. 

Xer0

On the bright side, it looks awesome.  Although this Maybach coupe built on a Dodge Viper chassis sounds just as awesome.

the Teuton

Quote from: Xer0 on January 03, 2011, 09:47:45 PM
On the bright side, it looks awesome.  Although this Maybach coupe built on a Dodge Viper chassis sounds just as awesome.

Has anyone seen the "production" Excelero?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Atomic

for the $$$, i have seen just a small handful of maybe 6 out of 50 maybach sedans in nyc, ca and south fl in anything other than solid black or silver since introduced - and not the same 50 cars (give or take). for the money, i would certainly have a bespoke color scheme with many special personal touches. black and silver are classic, but the sky is the limit with their endless selection of tu-tone combinations and "create your own" options.

omicron