Hit and Run

Started by Laconian, January 06, 2011, 12:17:51 PM

Submariner

As much as it sucks to loose such a nice car, just be thankful your boyfriend wasn't seriously injured. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

the Teuton

Comfortable roadster replacement alternative: C5 Corvette

Think about it.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Comfortable replacement: Solara.

CJ

Quote from: 2o6 on January 06, 2011, 09:49:16 PM

Drive one and you'll see how truly bad they are to drive.  Easily one of the most boring cars I've ever driven, and visibility is terrible.

Laconian

Quote from: Submariner on January 06, 2011, 09:40:23 PM
As much as it sucks to loose such a nice car, just be thankful your boyfriend wasn't seriously injured. 
Well yeah, that's the tack we're taking. Miatas + trucks often have worse outcomes than this.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Laconian

And my back is going to get better one of these days, I'm not going to be driving marshmallows forever. :P

The Pirate

Glad to hear your boyfriend is all right, but that really sucks, man.  Not to hijack your thread, but my brother's new car (2008 Civic, but he got it three weeks ago) was hit while parked at his work two days ago. Bumper is caved in and the paint is cracked.  Cosmetic, but it's still a car that's essentially brand new, and new to him.  Fucker drove off.

I agree that there is a special place in hell for hit and run offenders.  I once witnessed a truck cut a massive corner in a parking lot, hit the front of a car, and proceed to drive off.  I promptly called the police with the plate number and details, and hung around to give a statement.  Don't know what came of it, but I hope the guy had to make right for his poor decision.

Man, just thinking about hit and runs just boils my freaking blood...
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Onslaught

I'd drive to his house and bitch slap him.

2o6

Solara and it's clientele are often one in the same:

Chick who's consistently 50lbs overweight and dresses wrong for her body type. However, she's always "breaking" some sort of diet. Annoying and high strung, so she's single. In a somewhat higher up job, but has no taste (judged by clothing and car choice). Bought a Solara because it was "cute" and "quiet". She likely got hosed, too.

Laconian

Quote from: 2o6 on January 06, 2011, 10:20:51 PM
Solara and it's clientele are often one in the same:

Chick who's consistently 50lbs overweight and dresses wrong for her body type. However, she's always "breaking" some sort of diet. Annoying and high strung, so she's single. In a somewhat higher up job, but has no taste (judged by clothing and car choice). Bought a Solara because it was "cute" and "quiet". She likely got hosed, too.
So, why are you recommending the Solara to me?!?

2o6

Because you dress wrong for your body type.

Laconian

GIRL what YOU talkin bout

Rupert

This may be a strange attempt at humor...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

2o6

You guys thought I was serious?

Secret Chimp

You know, I say just take the hood off. It's not like Miatas can go fast enough for aerodynamics to really matter that much. It'll aide against the inherently handicapped coolant routing too.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

CJ

You want to willingly drive a first gen VUE. What else are we supposed to think?

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on January 06, 2011, 07:34:23 PM
I'm not sure, would this have been avoided with a midsize sedan? I'm not so sure.

The smaller cars are VERY hard to see. Especially if TRUCKTARD has his mirrors adjusted wrong.
Will

AutobahnSHO

ha.

Toyota's Sunfire. Took a Camry and made it "look sporty".
Will

Colin

Sorry to hear of this shitty incident, Kevin. At least your partner sounds as if he is OK, which I suppose is the most important thing.

Many years ago, I rented an NA Miata to drive around central California, and whilst it was a blast in places like Kings and Sequoia Canyon, I do recall feeling extremely vulnerable on the freeway, as the car seemed so small and the trucks so big.

the Teuton

If you feel vulnerable in a Miata, try an Elise. It's a deathtrap. :lol:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Rich

Well, that sucks.

If your back was ok, what would you look into buying?
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

SVT666

Dude, that sucks.  I do have a solution to all your problems though.

Like you expected me to post anything else.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: SVT666 on January 07, 2011, 01:46:28 AM
Dude, that sucks.  I do have a solution to all your problems though.

Like you expected me to post anything else.

Nah, that truck rear suspension will ride like crap and skitter out of control at the first sign of bumps. :evildude:

Onslaught

If I was going to get a Mustang, it wouldn't be the convert. I still don't think Ford knows how to make a nice soft top. I messed with one the other day and it felt like it would fall apart in a few years.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Onslaught on January 07, 2011, 04:44:43 AM
If I was going to get a Mustang, it wouldn't be the convert. I still don't think Ford knows how to make a nice soft top. I messed with one the other day and it felt like it would fall apart in a few years.

They don't seem to know what it's worth either. $$$$$!

Laconian

Total loss.

It made me feel really bad when the inspector was praising the "dealer mint" condition of my car and going down the list of things that were unusually pristine for a car of that vintage.

:cry::cry::cry:

the Teuton

Quote from: Laconian on January 07, 2011, 11:31:14 AM
Total loss.

It made me feel really bad when the inspector was praising the "dealer mint" condition of my car and going down the list of things that were unusually pristine for a car of that vintage.

:cry::cry::cry:

What sorts of other hair stylist cars are out there that would interest you? Don't get a Beetle cabrio.

My vote is still with an S2000.

SVT_Power

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 06, 2011, 11:07:56 PM
The smaller cars are VERY hard to see. Especially if TRUCKTARD has his mirrors adjusted wrong.

Or it's called looking over your shoulder to check your blind spot. It seems like it's a dying practice  :huh:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Laconian

Quote from: SVT_Power on January 07, 2011, 11:38:34 AM
Or it's called looking over your shoulder to check your blind spot. It seems like it's a dying practice  :huh:
Anything besides tailgating is a dying practice.

People fucking suck at driving and common courtesy is out the window.