Do you like the new Chevy Impala?

Started by BMWDave, May 13, 2005, 12:57:20 PM

BMWDave

QuoteMuch like the Ford Five Hundred, this isn't an exciting car, but, newsflash, it wasn't meant to be one. Right now they are trying to win back the typical mainstream market, you know the people buying Camrys and Accord, not the novelty market as Chrysler/Dodge did with the 300/Magnum (fine cars in their own right that have done wonders for the image of Chrysler and Dodge, but they don't have mainstream appeal that draws hundreds of thousands of sales). In short, I like this car. It is a definite improvement over the previous car and it will be interesting to see how good of a job of eliminating torquesteer in the SS model they did (I don't think it will be a problem, as it wasn't a problem in the only slightly less powerful Bonneville GXP).
However, I doubt this will be as impressive of a car as the Five Hundred. I'll try to keep an open mind until I get to drive it though.
I think you will probably be correct on that one, as GM really doesn't have the resources that Ford had when they developed the Five Hundred.
There doesnt seem to be anything exception going for this car...but there are exceptional things going for the 500.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

QuoteMuch like the Ford Five Hundred, this isn't an exciting car, but, newsflash, it wasn't meant to be one. Right now they are trying to win back the typical mainstream market, you know the people buying Camrys and Accord, not the novelty market as Chrysler/Dodge did with the 300/Magnum (fine cars in their own right that have done wonders for the image of Chrysler and Dodge, but they don't have mainstream appeal that draws hundreds of thousands of sales). In short, I like this car. It is a definite improvement over the previous car and it will be interesting to see how good of a job of eliminating torquesteer in the SS model they did (I don't think it will be a problem, as it wasn't a problem in the only slightly less powerful Bonneville GXP).
However, I doubt this will be as impressive of a car as the Five Hundred. I'll try to keep an open mind until I get to drive it though.
I think you will probably be correct on that one, as GM really doesn't have the resources that Ford had when they developed the Five Hundred.
There doesnt seem to be anything exception going for this car...but there are exceptional things going for the 500.
Maybe they improved the seats, but I haven't been impressed with any mainstream GM seats since the Malibu, and the Cobalt's are simply awful.