Pagani Huayra

Started by 2o6, January 25, 2011, 08:16:14 PM

2o6

Raza

Much more "Insert Supercar Here" looking, but still holds the Zonda identity.  But what is with the stupid fucking fish mouth these days? 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

Not much of a fan of the Zonda's looks. And this is even more ugly.

SVT666

I've never really liked the looks of the Zonda..and I still don't.

Cookie Monster

So, they made it uglier and got rid of the manual.

Great, I really don't care for this car anymore.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

sportyaccordy

You guys hate everything

How can you like cars and hate this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goGqQoGcgj0#t=1m40s

"ewww i dont like its grill"
"no stick no care"
"where are the cupholders? gay"

This is not a Mazda 3, it's a fucking Pagani. You guys are totally missing the point

the Teuton

Needle was pretty much having a drivegasm in that clip.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

sportyaccordy

Even with the god forsaken semi auto. I still don't get the obsession w/stickshift. For a slower car yes. But for something like a Pagani Zonda I imagine it not being as much of a deal breaker.

the Teuton

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 26, 2011, 08:23:09 AM
Even with the god forsaken semi auto. I still don't get the obsession w/stickshift. For a slower car yes. But for something like a Pagani Zonda I imagine it not being as much of a deal breaker.

It's the feeling of disconnect. When I drove BMW's Steptronics (and since driven some manumatic rental cars), I've gotten the feeling that when I press the button the car is minding my wishes rather than telepathically transmitting my thoughts.

When you have a car that shifts almost as fast as you make it shift and it holds gears until you want them to shift (even BMW's SMG in the M5/6 won't hold a gear unless you put it in M mode or something), it feels a lot more intimate. Driving a manual is pretty much as intimate as it gets.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

omicron

The Zonda was awesome. This is....dubious.

SVT666

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 26, 2011, 08:07:48 AM
You guys hate everything

"no stick no care"

This is not a Mazda 3, it's a fucking Pagani. You guys are totally missing the point
I just think it's ugly.  That's not missing the point.  THat is not liking how it looks.  Phenomenal car, but ugly.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: the Teuton on January 26, 2011, 08:33:46 AM
It's the feeling of disconnect. When I drove BMW's Steptronics (and since driven some manumatic rental cars), I've gotten the feeling that when I press the button the car is minding my wishes rather than telepathically transmitting my thoughts.

When you have a car that shifts almost as fast as you make it shift and it holds gears until you want them to shift (even BMW's SMG in the M5/6 won't hold a gear unless you put it in M mode or something), it feels a lot more intimate. Driving a manual is pretty much as intimate as it gets.
I really doubt the paddle shift transmissions in cars like Porsches/Paganis/Ferraris are "unresponsive", they all make a big deal of advertising how much quicker they shift than a manual. It all comes back to how good or shitty the transmission is, which is just as big of a deal with traditional manuals. The shifter/clutch feel in my Maxima were so bad that if they had offered a 5AT with the same ratios, I would have gone for that, even w/o manual control. But the bad ratios of the 4AT made the 5MT the only viable performance option.

2o6

I just thought the Zonda was better looking.

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 26, 2011, 08:23:09 AM

I like it.  I prefer it.  Simple as that.  For the Zonda R I'd let it go.  But then again, I wouldn't buy a car like the Zonda R anyway, I'd get a lowlier model with a stick. 

But this is not a pretty car.  The Zonda was wild, over the top, and a true supercar.  It wasn't beautiful, but it was an experience to look at.  This is not. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 26, 2011, 08:07:48 AM
You guys hate everything

"no stick no care"

I like what they can do. But I think it's butt ugly. It would be last on my list of Italian cars.

NomisR

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 26, 2011, 09:13:35 AM
I really doubt the paddle shift transmissions in cars like Porsches/Paganis/Ferraris are "unresponsive", they all make a big deal of advertising how much quicker they shift than a manual. It all comes back to how good or shitty the transmission is, which is just as big of a deal with traditional manuals. The shifter/clutch feel in my Maxima were so bad that if they had offered a 5AT with the same ratios, I would have gone for that, even w/o manual control. But the bad ratios of the 4AT made the 5MT the only viable performance option.

Advertising wise, the fact that the manumatics shifts faster and better only makes the buyers more "manly" because of the fact that there's quite a few that can't drive a proper manual nor do they care to.

But personally, I would love to have a proper sequential where you don't need a clutch for upshift and only use clutch for downshift and stopping.  Unfortunately, we'll never get something like that in a regular car.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: NomisR on January 26, 2011, 12:56:04 PM
Advertising wise, the fact that the manumatics shifts faster and better only makes the buyers more "manly" because of the fact that there's quite a few that can't drive a proper manual nor do they care to.
:wtf:

Yea never mind the fact that some people (including race car drivers) just appreciate the technology for what it is. If you drive stickshift because it makes you feel more 'like a man' you're no less goofy than the people you lambast (maybe more so...)

NomisR

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 26, 2011, 01:17:38 PM

Yea never mind the fact that some people (including race car drivers) just appreciate the technology for what it is. If you drive stickshift because it makes you feel more 'like a man' you're no less goofy than the people you lambast (maybe more so...)

Hey, I like a proper sequential manual because it makes me faster on the track because I don't have to take my hands away from the steering wheel.  But it doesn't negate the fact that there are a lot of unthusiasts out there that just wants to a cool looking car and they can't drive a stick shift.  So the fact that the manumatic is faster gives them a perfect excuse to not get a stick shift.

Again, I like a sequential transmission but they'll never build one the way I want it.. well, they do have aftermarket ones but I'm not about to spend $20k on a transmission..

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 26, 2011, 01:17:38 PM

Yea never mind the fact that some people (including race car drivers) just appreciate the technology for what it is.

Race technology works on a race track. I don't live on a race track. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

hotrodalex

I'd love a Zonda F roadster, but I'm just not feelin this one.

cawimmer430

You know what's sad?

The countless morons out there on the Internet slamming this car because they can't pronounce the name.

"How do you pronounce this shit? God, this car like sucks!"

:facepalm:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Onslaught

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 27, 2011, 07:19:18 AM
You know what's sad?

The countless morons out there on the Internet slamming this car because they can't pronounce the name.

"How do you pronounce this shit? God, this car like sucks!"

:facepalm:
Well, the name sucks too.

Autobahn

Quote from: the Teuton on January 26, 2011, 08:33:46 AM

:lol: I bet a Formula 1 cars feels pretty disconnected too. When I go carting, the carts feel pretty disconnected too, they don't even have an automatic :lol:

NomisR

Quote from: Autobahn on January 27, 2011, 04:43:58 PM
:lol: I bet a Formula 1 cars feels pretty disconnected too. When I go carting, the carts feel pretty disconnected too, they don't even have an automatic :lol:

It doesn't get anymore intimate than having no gears!  You're even more connected to the car than having a transmission.. :lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Onslaught on January 27, 2011, 01:05:16 PM
Well, the name sucks too.

Imagine if they called it Pagani Miata. How the f*** do you pronounce that?  :devil:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

TBR

Okay so it isn't as jaw droppingly sexy as the original, but it's still a looker, and I don't give two damns if it is dsg only.

Onslaught

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 27, 2011, 05:34:19 PM
Imagine if they called it Pagani Miata. How the f*** do you pronounce that?  :devil:
I didn't say I couldn't pronounce it. I said it sucked.
And I don't like the name Miata anyway. I call them MX-5's. We're the only ones who call it that anyway.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Onslaught on January 27, 2011, 10:04:41 PM
And I don't like the name Miata anyway. I call them MX-5's. We're the only ones who call it that anyway.

Same here. I always preferred the "MX-5" nomenclature.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

mzziaz

Quote from: Onslaught on January 26, 2011, 11:36:41 AM
I like what they can do. But I think it's butt ugly. It would be last on my list of Italian cars.

This man speaks the truth.
Cuore Sportivo

sportyaccordy

I like a Flinstone car. Really the only way to truly feel the road. Anything else is too sterile