Pagani Huayra

Started by 2o6, January 25, 2011, 08:16:14 PM

ChrisV

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 26, 2011, 01:17:38 PM
:wtf:

Yea never mind the fact that some people (including race car drivers) just appreciate the technology for what it is. If you drive stickshift because it makes you feel more 'like a man' you're no less goofy than the people you lambast (maybe more so...)

None of these guys have manual hand crank starters, either, 'cause they are lazy, too. And no manual chokes aymore, 'cue we're too lazy. Gotta have a computer tune the engines for us, 'cause we're too lazy now, too.

But wiggle that left foot a bit and you're "completely connected to the car in an intimate way." No, sticking your dick up the tailpipe would be that. ;) You can still prefer a good manual and not have a complete mental breakdown when confronted with a car that doesn't have one.

As for the new Pagani, it's an amazing car and I'd like to see on in person before passing judgment (especially for the raised front end that I'm sure is a response to the Euro regs).

As to the rest,

"As you approach a Pagani, you are struck by the careful detailing of both hardware and surfaces. At first glance--and after careful study as well--the design seems excessively busy, almost baroque, with, as Salieri is supposed to have said about a Mozart composition, "too many notes." In the cockpit, you are impressed by the sheer opulence, the richness of materials, and the perfection of their assembly. A Rolls-Royce interior is a monument to careful craftsmanship, but it has nothing on a Zonda. Every stitch in the soft trim is precisely placed, perfectly tensioned, and artfully decorative in itself.

It is easy to imagine one of these cars fifty years on, a lovely rich patina on all the original parts but nothing looking shabby. One sees that look of time-proven quality on unrestored 1930s Bentleys sometimes, but most modern cars with their plastic bits and approximate fits announce their imminent deterioration before you drive them off the showroom floor. In the Pagani, every weld, every bolt, is done to aircraft-quality standards, and there are no loose ends, sloppy dabs of sealer, or other indications of mass production. "

It's a Pagani. It doesn't have to be for everyone. ;) Most of us couldn't have one even if outfitted exactly as we'd want.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

hotrodalex

I think most of us are just saying we prefer the Zonda. ;)

Onslaught

Quote from: hotrodalex on January 29, 2011, 10:42:57 AM
I think most of us are just saying we prefer the Zonda. ;)
No, I prefer a Ferrari

Submariner

This is a particularly delicious angle:

The Huarya is to the Zonda as is the Countach is to the Diablo.  The Diablo was arguably better looking, but not quite as ridiculous as the Countach was.

The Zonda wasn't beautiful in the way a 575 or 360 was, but because it was a ridiculous, bare bones, balls to the walls monster.  The Huarya is prettier, no doubt, but I'm not sure it's...better. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Submariner

sportyaccordy

This car is awesome, beautiful in a very functional way, like a woman with big hips + breasts

2o6

It still looks terrible.

Inside is awesome, though.

giant_mtb

Submariner

2o6

Way to jump on a bandwagon. What's next? Play'em off Keyboard Cat?  :rolleyes:

It looks terrible, flat out. The Zonda wasn't beautiful either, but it was very striking and really makes you turn your head.

This car isn't pretty, I don't care how much you wanna ostracize me or pick on me. It isn't pretty or good looking and you will never change my mind of this fact.

2o6

Even so, aside from the interior, the Huarya is not as brash or striking as the Zonda. It's not a Countach.

Submariner

Quote from: 2o6 on January 29, 2011, 08:51:37 PM
Way to jump on a bandwagon. What's next? Play'em off Keyboard Cat?  :rolleyes:

It looks terrible, flat out. The Zonda wasn't beautiful either, but it was very striking and really makes you turn your head.

This car isn't pretty, I don't care how much you wanna ostracize me or pick on me. It isn't pretty or good looking and you will never change my mind of this fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ

omicron

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

68_427

That gauge cluster.  I'm confussed.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

CJ

I think this looks fantastic.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'