Ford vs. Ferrari....again

Started by SVT666, February 09, 2011, 06:27:23 PM

SVT666

REPORT: FORD TO SUE FERRARI OVER USE OF ?F150″ MONIKER
By Mark Kleis

There couldn?t be much more of a contrasting difference between the Ferrari F150 Formula 1 racecar that was recently revealed and the best-selling Ford F-150 line of pickups, but that isn?t stopping Ford from being extra cautious regarding the defense of its trademarked name.

Ferrari says that it chose the F150 name based on the 150-year anniversary of the unification of Italy, but Ford is more worried about the defense of its trademark than the history of Europe, according to well placed sources speaking with PickupTrucks. According to these same sources, Ford is preparing a legal case and could take Ferrari to court as soon as this week.

Although it may seem a bit excessive, or even silly to some that Ford feels the need to stop the use of the F150 on such a different type of vehicle, but it is worth noting that trademark law does to some extent require the trademark owner to defend its name or risk losing it. We are by no means lawyers, but it appears in this case that Ford may just be playing it safe and following formalities in order to properly maintain its trademark rights.

SVT666

The last time Ford and Ferrari got into a pissing match Ford built the GT40 and kicked Ferrari's ass.  I wonder if Ferrari will build a pickup!??!?!

:lol:

hotrodalex

Quote from: SVT666 on February 09, 2011, 06:28:06 PM
The last time Ford and Ferrari got into a pissing match Ford built the GT40 and kicked Ferrari's ass.  I wonder if Ferrari will build a pickup!??!?!

Oh gosh. Don't give them ideas.

And it's probably just due to copyright laws. Like HOTROD magazine has to put the stupid "R" or "TM" signs every time they mention "POWER TOUR" in their magazine. Although if Ferrari doesn't use a dash they might be ok. Like Nissan's GT-R and Mercedes' GTR.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: SVT666 on February 09, 2011, 06:28:06 PM
The last time Ford and Ferrari got into a pissing match Ford built the GT40 and kicked Ferrari's ass.  I wonder if Ferrari will build a pickup!??!?!

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

the Teuton

Rumor has it that the Ford GT program is coming back in some form or another...just in time, I guess.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Mustangfan2003

Wished Ford was in F1 again, that would be fun.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on February 09, 2011, 11:19:57 PM
Wished Ford was in F1 again, that would be fun.
I wish Ford hadn't sold Cosworth Racing :(.

As to the F-150/F150 conniption, Ferrari drops F150 name for race car after Ford sues.

150th anniversary of the unification of Italy my ass :nutty:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Yes! Finally a budget Ferrari! Does it have a 1.5-l engine?  :thumbsup:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Mustangfan2003

Now the entire country of Italy and go back to watching Jersey Shore. 

hotrodalex

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 10, 2011, 12:42:55 PM
Yes! Finally a budget Ferrari! Does it have a 1.5-l engine?  :thumbsup:

And 0 cylinders! Must be a 1.5L rotary!