Charger Police Car

Started by Catman, September 17, 2005, 05:34:41 AM

Catman

I can't confirm this but I've heard it from many sources.  The MA Stata Police were given a bunch of Chargers to test a few months ago.   From what I've heard they've been very unreliable and have experienced problems such as engine and tranny failures.  :(  :rolleyes:  

TBR

They must have the 3.5ls, I can't imagine the MB 5-spd Auto that comes with the Hemi is causing problems (or the Hemi itself for that matter, it was designed for truck duty, it should do fine even under cop level abuse). And, IIRC, the Charger is getting the 5-spd for all engines soon.

Catman

QuoteThey must have the 3.5ls, I can't imagine the MB 5-spd Auto that comes with the Hemi is causing problems (or the Hemi itself for that matter, it was designed for truck duty, it should do fine even under cop level abuse). And, IIRC, the Charger is getting the 5-spd for all engines soon.
Yeah, I don't know since this is second hand.  I can't imagine a Hemi problem, they're overbuilt and should be more durable than the Ford.  I would imagine the purpose of test cars is to root out issues anyway so they can be addressed.

SJ_GTI

Actually i thought all Chargers get the 5-speed. The Chrysler and Magnum started out with the 4-speed, but those are switching to all 5-speeds soon as well.

cozmik

QuoteActually i thought all Chargers get the 5-speed. The Chrysler and Magnum started out with the 4-speed, but those are switching to all 5-speeds soon as well.
You're correct.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

giant_mtb

Raghavan