*******Deutsches Poster VertakesoverGA PART 10,001*******

Started by Rupert, February 20, 2011, 03:18:40 PM

Rupert

Seriously, Wims, you can't link to a Flickr album or something? :pullover:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Mustangfan2003

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on February 21, 2011, 08:40:39 AM
That is only binding to the US government.   ;)

I know, but it was important to mention the FREEDOM OF SPEECH part!  :thumbsup:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

sportyaccordy

Well likewise mods reserve the right to combine or delete all your threads. If this doesn't constitute as spam I don't know what does.

Why you can't do what Colin does and just post ONE LINK TO A GALLERY I don't know, but if your intent is to get people to view your pictures this is a pretty impolite & roundabout way of doing so. I'm not checking any of these galleries out of pure principle.

cawimmer430

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 21, 2011, 09:17:53 AM
Well likewise mods reserve the right to combine or delete all your threads. If this doesn't constitute as spam I don't know what does.

Why you can't do what Colin does and just post ONE LINK TO A GALLERY I don't know, but if your intent is to get people to view your pictures this is a pretty impolite & roundabout way of doing so. I'm not checking any of these galleries out of pure principle.

How is what I posted SPAM?  :confused:

I posted these pictures here for quick and easy access because I thought we're all enthusiasts here who might appreciate a little automotive/transportation history.

How often do I do this? I'd say the "few times" I do this it is at least tolerable because there are interesting cars in those threads. And I've not done such a thread in ages due to time constraints and lack of views and general lack of interest (after all, no sub 5 second 0-60 cars in those threads). Makes me wonder why I even bothered with these recent threads...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

sportyaccordy

It's spam because it's abuse of the board to get views to your content. Please don't even bring up the "no sub 5 second 0-60" crap. And don't mention "ease of access" either. Colin posts one thread with one link to one gallery of thumbnails. You post 11 threads and people have to wait for all 500 pics to load in each of them. How is your way easier?

Like I said just post your stuff to an external gallery and let people view them there as they please, rather than essentially forcing these galleries on us and pushing other damn near all the other "General Automotive" content out of the way. It's not the content, its the way you present it that is the problem.

Rupert

Yeah, there are always a few ***Wimmer*** threads in GA, which is fine (though the stars... :huh: ), but that many is just rude. It would be like if Benz posted a new topic for every picture of his surfer friends at the beach.

Rupert