The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 26, 2016, 11:06:08 AM
Just got my car back from the TÜV. Everything works just fine!  :rockon:

I really want to drive on whatever road you are driving on.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: dazzleman on August 12, 2016, 03:41:52 PM
I really want to drive on whatever road you are driving on.

Why aren't you driving while in Germany!?!
Will

dazzleman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 14, 2016, 09:49:31 AM
Why aren't you driving while in Germany!?!

Not enough time.  I was on a river cruise and we kept moving from place to place.  Now I am in Amsterdam -- definitely not a place for fun driving.  I did a bike tour here instead.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

dazzleman

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 20, 2016, 05:42:51 PM
Pfffft ... Element can do 110. Try again.

But can it go from 70 to 110 in the space it takes to pass a semi?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 20, 2016, 05:44:24 PM
But can it go from 70 to 110 in the space it takes to pass a semi?

Sure, but it depends on the semi, and how long it decides to keep pace with me ...

BimmerM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 28, 2016, 09:03:28 AM
Yeah, it's ok. It was the "Big Service" so a lot of wear and tear parts were replaced. Plus it wasn't that bad in terms of pricing - the TÜV costs added 1/3rd to the total price.

Do the TUV costs include registration for the year, or is that simply the price of the inspection itself?

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on October 20, 2016, 07:06:39 PM
Do the TUV costs include registration for the year, or is that simply the price of the inspection itself?

Nope, all it involves is a thorough mechanical inspection of your car to ensure that everything works. A lot of these beaters which you see on US roads would never be permitted to drive here as they would fail the inspection.

Here's how the US embassy in Germany describes it...

German law requires that all automobiles be inspected once every two years by the Technical Inspection Association (TÜV). Fees apply.

-Bi-annual inspection
-Reinspection after failed inspection
-Penalties for overdue inspection

Vehicle inspection is certified by an inspection decal affixed to the rear license plate. The number in the small inner circle indicates the year that the car is next due for inspection (e.g. 04) The outer circle shows the number of the month that vehicle is due for inspection (e.g. 10). This example would then indicate that the vehicle is due for TÜV in October (10) , 2004 (04).

If your automobile is due for an inspection, you should have the dealer, a local service station or an auto repair shop check your car and repair any defects prior to the TÜV inspection.

Link: https://de.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/driving-in-germany/

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CaminoRacer

Saw on FB today that a kid got arrested for doing 152 in a 35 mph zone. :facepalm:

12,000 RPM

Cold weather really wakes the bike up.... any sustained throttle in 6th = over 100 (indicated)
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

dazzleman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 27, 2016, 08:57:45 AM
Cold weather really wakes the bike up.... any sustained throttle in 6th = over 100 (indicated)

Are you still getting caught speeding every week or have things cooled down on that front?

12,000 RPM

Quote from: dazzleman on November 04, 2016, 09:09:57 PM
Are you still getting caught speeding every week or have things cooled down on that front?
I haven't slowed down but things have seemed to calm down
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

dazzleman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 05, 2016, 05:51:14 AM
I haven't slowed down but things have seemed to calm down

Good to hear you haven't slowed down... :lol:  It's imperative to retain that rebellious spirit no matter how many times you get caught.

But I'm also glad that things have calmed down, since getting nailed too often can be a pain in the ass, and slowing down is obviously not an option.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

I equaled my best time driving back from Boston this morning -- 2 hours and 5 minutes.  I tried to get it under 2 hours but failed again.... :rage:  Still,  it was a pretty good drive.  I hit 90 mph at different points and mostly maintained 80-85 mph.

I approached a speed trap at 90 mph just outside Boston but both cops were taking care of other customers so I skated through.  There was very little other police activity along the drive.  So I have now extended my ticketless streak to exactly 3-1/2 years.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: dazzleman on November 27, 2016, 07:47:58 AM
I equaled my best time driving back from Boston this morning -- 2 hours and 5 minutes.  I tried to get it under 2 hours but failed again.... :rage:  Still,  it was a pretty good drive.  I hit 90 mph at different points and mostly maintained 80-85 mph.

I approached a speed trap at 90 mph just outside Boston but both cops were taking care of other customers so I skated through.  There was very little other police activity along the drive.  So I have now extended my ticketless streak to exactly 3-1/2 years.

You will never win The Cannonball at that rate, grandpa.

dazzleman

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 27, 2016, 08:25:47 AM
You will never win The Cannonball at that rate, grandpa.

:lol:  No, but for a holiday weekend with some traffic, it was pretty good.

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on November 27, 2016, 07:47:58 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Such slow speeds.  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

dazzleman

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 29, 2016, 05:11:04 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Such slow speeds.  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

US roads in the northeast..... :rolleyes:  I really need to drive out in Wyoming.  Or on the autobahn.

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on November 29, 2016, 07:08:08 PM
US roads in the northeast..... :rolleyes:  I really need to drive out in Wyoming.  Or on the autobahn.

Wear a ski mask and remove the license plates from your car and go speeding. That should work. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MexicoCityM3

The V10 stretching its legs today on the way to Leon. There is a new bypass of an intermediate city that was almost empty.

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CaminoRacer

I hit over 800 km/h yesterday.

In an airplane.