The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

cawimmer430

Only 160 km/h today in the rain on the Autobahn back to Munich. I had just added some of that new fuel E10 (ethanol) to the 118i and wanted to see how the car performs with it. I must say the car "felt" quicker in terms of acceleration. Can the chemical properties of E10 actually do that or was that just my screwed-up imagination? The BMWs motor felt more responsive and more agile.  :confused:

Prior to adding E10 the fuel tank was virtually empty and I was running fumes. The gas station I pulled into only sold E10 gasoline and I added 20 liters of the stuff.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Secret Chimp

A lot of fuel in the US is "up to" E10, they're just sneaky about telling you exactly what grade has what.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

YO

about 145-149 MPH 2002 NSX....140 2003 CL Type S.... 130 2007 Acura RDX

BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

cawimmer430

A little over 170 km/h today on the way to Dachau to do some food shopping.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Onslaught

110 and a bug hit the window. Not much left of him.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Onslaught on April 29, 2011, 03:37:36 PM

That's one of the cool things about speeding. Try slamming into bugs at 200 km/h+ - now that is awesome. Bug massacre!  :rockon:

The Starship Troopers would be proud of me.  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 29, 2011, 03:36:20 PM
What have you got under the hood? A V8?

You'd know if you read the Sonoma thread.

hounddog

I felt particularly law abiding today.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 29, 2011, 03:53:37 PM
You'd know if you read the Sonoma thread.

I'm just going to look it up on Wikipedia.  :devil:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 29, 2011, 03:59:12 PM
I'm just going to look it up on Wikipedia.  :devil:

It's not stock, so you won't find it on Wikiretardia.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 29, 2011, 04:06:04 PM
It's not stock, so you won't find it on Wikiretardia.

I saw some pictures in your thread...a 4-cylinder?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Onslaught on April 29, 2011, 03:37:36 PM

Check out the dead bugs on this Bimmer.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Stupid minivan pulled out ahead and I had to drastically brake and slow down.  :rage:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 27, 2011, 11:28:08 AM
Only 160 km/h today in the rain on the Autobahn back to Munich. I had just added some of that new fuel E10 (ethanol) to the 118i and wanted to see how the car performs with it. I must say the car "felt" quicker in terms of acceleration. Can the chemical properties of E10 actually do that or was that just my screwed-up imagination? The BMWs motor felt more responsive and more agile.  :confused:

Prior to adding E10 the fuel tank was virtually empty and I was running fumes. The gas station I pulled into only sold E10 gasoline and I added 20 liters of the stuff.

IIRC, E10 has more ethanol which burns hotter (but quicker) which produces slightly more HP.

I don't know if it's any dicernable difference....

Raza

Oh, I forgot.  On Friday, I raced my buddy home (he has a new stickshift V6 Mustang).  I hit 113 (GPS verified), and frankly, he couldn't shake me.  Fast car, but he couldn't lose me.  I had taken him several times, and the only time he got the jump on me is when he took an unexpectedly open lane and I got boxed out of it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

hounddog

I have nit gone anything yet today, am still at the hospital.

I am, however, about to fully excursive the X5 to the fullest extent of the vehicle designed capabilities.  :ohyeah:

(interestingly enough, the spellchecker keeps trying to replace the "ohyeah" smiley with "outran".

:lol:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

RomanChariot

Quote from: 2o6 on May 13, 2011, 06:33:34 AM
IIRC, E10 has more ethanol which burns hotter (but quicker) which produces slightly more HP.

I don't know if it's any dicernable difference....

Adding ethanol to gasoline increases its octane but the ethanol itself has a lower BTU value so you lose power.

cawimmer430

Most gas stations around here are now only offering E10. That E10 shit is expensive. Just the other day I tanked 29 liters of the stuff for 50 Euros! WHAT THE FUCK!?  :banghead:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

RomanChariot

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 13, 2011, 10:28:12 AM
Most gas stations around here are now only offering E10. That E10 shit is expensive. Just the other day I tanked 29 liters of the stuff for 50 Euros! WHAT THE FUCK!?  :banghead:

On my spring break trip I put 150 liters in my Suburban. :(  I'm glad I don't pay European prices for fuel. :rockon:

280Z Turbo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 13, 2011, 10:28:12 AM
Most gas stations around here are now only offering E10. That E10 shit is expensive. Just the other day I tanked 29 liters of the stuff for 50 Euros! WHAT THE FUCK!?  :banghead:

If you buy it by the gallon, it's cheaper.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on May 13, 2011, 02:34:25 PM
If you buy it by the gallon, it's cheaper.

We don't use gallons here.

I put into the tank 29 liters total and paid 50 Euros for that.

So this E10 garbage costs about 1,72 per liter! The next alternative is Super but that stuff costs about the same.  :lockedup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

the Teuton

I tied my all-time best over my roadtrip at 92 mph in PlastiCar.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!