The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

CALL_911

Hit 85 today on the Grand Central Parkway. Fastest I've gone in a while.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

According to my smartphone the fastest I drove walked today was 7 km/h.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

dazzleman

Quote from: S204STi on January 07, 2012, 03:01:05 PM
Dinged 120 on the way to LC for Xmas.

:ohyeah:

Good thing you didn't get busted, man.... :evildude:

I hit about 85 mph today.  Boring by comparison.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 07, 2012, 03:32:33 PM
Hit 85 today on the Grand Central Parkway. Fastest I've gone in a while.

That's pretty good for that road.  What car were you driving?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

2o6

110 indicated, but the fuel shutoff comes in at 107 ish. I hit the fuel shutoff. Feels so artificial; car had a little pull left in it.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 2o6 on January 08, 2012, 10:10:58 PM
110 indicated, but the fuel shutoff comes in at 107 ish. I hit the fuel shutoff. Feels so artificial; car had a little pull left in it.
Congrats. Is it a fuel shutoff, or is it an ignition shut off?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

I think it's a fuel cut, not 100% positive on that.

cawimmer430

A leisurely 140 km/h on the 'Bahn today. It was raining and there was heavy fog so I was actually going faster than I should have been going...

The rest of the way I was cruising at a slow but safe 80 km/h due to the fog.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

hounddog

Right about 102.  (not to worry, it was on I-75)

Seems the 4.10 gears will not allow the diesel to go any faster.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Rupert

I just don't get how the cops in this thread can feel good about bragging about taking a massive dump on the concept of speed limits by exceeding the limits hugely (> 100 mph), and then go around propping up the concept of enforcing the speed limits as a great way to improve traffic safety.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

FlatBlackCaddy

I'm barely hitting 70MPH these days. Thanks to the off season(winter) and my old beater F-150. Sadly the weather has been great and the roads clean and dry. I need to finish up the control arm install on the saab then maybe I'll get a few spirited miles in, or atleast some acceptable freeway speeds.

hounddog

Quote from: Rupert on January 09, 2012, 08:05:08 PM
I just don't get how the cops in this thread can feel good about bragging about taking a massive dump on the concept of speed limits by exceeding the limits hugely (> 100 mph), and then go around propping up the concept of enforcing the speed limits as a great way to improve traffic safety.
Retired.

I no longer have to concern myself with setting an example.  ;)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

CALL_911

Quote from: dazzleman on January 07, 2012, 04:18:55 PM
That's pretty good for that road.  What car were you driving?

I find that my driving gets more aggressive within the confines of NYC. I was driving the GTI.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

S204STi

Quote from: dazzleman on January 07, 2012, 04:17:22 PM
:ohyeah:

Good thing you didn't get busted, man.... :evildude:

I hit about 85 mph today.  Boring by comparison.

Also, my average speed between Gunnison and LC was roughly 83mph, on a 55mi stretch of road which is limited anywhere from 35 to 65 mph, with two lanes.  If it wasn't for the pesky deer and a few patches of ice, I would have been closer to 85mph average. 

The fun of familiar roads.

cawimmer430

170 km/h on the way to meet a client at the idyllic little Ammersee. Beautiful place. Spent about two hours afterwards just wandering around the lake and taking late afternoon shots of the birds in flight with beautiful ambient light.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hounddog

Quote from: Rupert on January 09, 2012, 08:05:08 PM
I took the X5 to the diner this morning just so I could break the 130mph barrier and piss you off.

:praise:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

cawimmer430

I had the misfortune of returning to Munich when it began to snow. The Autobahn quickly became slippery (and the 1er totally sucks on such surfaces - very tail-sliding-happy car...) so I had to drive back all the way at 60 km/h - the lowest permitted speed allowed on the 'Bahn.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CALL_911

Quote from: hounddog on January 09, 2012, 08:23:37 PM
Retired.

I no longer have to concern myself with setting an example.  ;)

So you do admit that these low speed limits are asinine, yes?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

hotrodalex

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 13, 2012, 04:51:15 PM
I had the misfortune of returning to Munich when it began to snow. The Autobahn quickly became slippery (and the 1er totally sucks on such surfaces - very tail-sliding-happy car...) so I had to drive back all the way at 60 km/h - the lowest permitted speed allowed on the 'Bahn.

I'm sure you won't get in trouble for going slower in slippery conditions.

hounddog

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 13, 2012, 06:11:50 PM
So you do admit that these low speed limits are asinine, yes?
Not at all.

I admit that I no longer feel any obligation whatsoever to set any sort of example to anyone other than my children.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

hounddog

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

cawimmer430

Quote from: hotrodalex on January 13, 2012, 06:23:08 PM
I'm sure you won't get in trouble for going slower in slippery conditions.

Nope. Everyone was driving slowly, except the Audi drivers and their Quattro/FWD!  :lol:

But I also have to think about the car. The 1er is a terrible car to drive in the wet and winter since the rear is very tail happy and breaks out at "every opportunity" even with gentle steering inputs. Once I reached the city I had to take it slower (30 km/h) because that's where the 1er likes to dance.

The winter is a terrible time to drive a 1-Series.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hounddog

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Byteme

hounddog

:lol:

Meh, I just went to breakfast this morning.  The roads were a bit slick so I took it easy.

Tomorrow I head to Grand Rapids (about 2hours drive) and will be using the X5.  I fully expect to exceed the posted limit by a fair margin on at least three occasion.  :lol:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

hotrodalex

100 in the Bimmer last Saturday. Only for a second or two, then slowed to 75 for the rest of the trip.

hounddog

Forgot to post;

On the 27th I managed a respectable 145 for a short time. 

:rockon:

That was actually thrilling.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

hotrodalex

120 in the Bimmer. Also hit 105 a bit later without meaning to, it's just too easy.

CALL_911

Didn't report here yesterday. Hit 120 on my drive up from school yesterday.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

175-180 km/h yesterday on the way to Gr?nwald but just cruised at 120 km/h for most of the short journey.

www.wimmerfotografie.de