The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

Cookie Monster

Hit about 60 mph yesterday (at the top of 2nd :lol: ) on campus yesterday in a 35 mph zone.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

rohan

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 13, 2012, 06:11:50 PM
So you do admit that these low speed limits are asinine, yes?
Depends on the area- 70 on most rural areas on freeways is ridiculously low but city freeways it's ridiculously high like 696, 94, 75 and the 10 in Detroit.  Where I am now it's too low- 55 on the country roads seems about right to me and I'm a real believer in 25 residential areas. 

It's slick as hell here on my way to work this morning and I only got to 50 on a dry spot and now it's snowing to beat hell and the fastest I went to get a Subway was 18.  The winter tires on my car are getting skinny and need replaced so if I go out I'll either take a 4x4 or a car with good skins.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

CJ

dazzleman

You guys are out of control.  :devil:

I'm not surprised by Ro (CALL_911) or Alex (hotrodalex).  They have a long history of speed demonry and the brushes with the law that result.  :lockedup:

But Clay?  You're the boy scout of the forum.  115 mph......That's pretty fast in an old clunker.

I hope you all had fun and that there was very little traffic around you.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

CJ

MY CAR IS NOT AN OLD CLUNKER.   :rage:

It happens to drive very well for what it is, handles pretty well (I have my car lowered the proper way, along with Bilstein HD'), has an excellent set of tires (Continental DWS...which is the tire everyone should have on their car), and has a completely new front end.  New bushings, ball joints, steering rack, tie rod ends, etc.

It isn't a clunker. 

dazzleman

Quote from: CJ on January 29, 2012, 12:09:45 PM
MY CAR IS NOT AN OLD CLUNKER.   :rage:

It happens to drive very well for what it is, handles pretty well (I have my car lowered the proper way, along with Bilstein HD'), has an excellent set of tires (Continental DWS...which is the tire everyone should have on their car), and has a completely new front end.  New bushings, ball joints, steering rack, tie rod ends, etc.

It isn't a clunker. 

:lol:
OK, I've got it.

Volvos are very fun to drive, despite their safety-oriented marketing.  They pioneered the harder suspension/tighter steering philosophy in the US as opposed to the boat philosophy that prevailed before.

Glad to hear you had some fun.  What you have done if you'd gotten stopped by the cops, though?  :pullover:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Eye of the Tiger

This Peterbilt is governed at 75, but I may or may not have hit over 80 in it on a long downhill grade. Scary.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Northlands

90 mph in an Odyssey. I'm ashamed of myself being goaded into a pissing match with a cabbie driving a Prius on a freeway. It wasn't even close and I have no idea why I bothered?  :facepalm:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

hotrodalex

Quote from: dazzleman on January 29, 2012, 11:53:23 AM
I'm not surprised by Ro (CALL_911) or Alex (hotrodalex).  They have a long history of speed demonry and the brushes with the law that result.  :lockedup:

My only brush with the law was pretty weak. I didn't even considered myself to be speeding.

Yesterday night I dropped off a girl at her house after we hung out. She lives about half an hour south of me, so on the way home I had a little bit of a drive on a 6 lane highway with no one around. Might as well use the go pedal. :devil:

Quote from: Northlands on January 29, 2012, 02:36:45 PM
90 mph in an Odyssey. I'm ashamed of myself being goaded into a pissing match with a cabbie driving a Prius on a freeway. It wasn't even close and I have no idea why I bothered?  :facepalm:

Wait, does that mean you won or lost?...

Northlands

Quote from: hotrodalex on January 29, 2012, 02:47:15 PM
My only brush with the law was pretty weak. I didn't even considered myself to be speeding.

Yesterday night I dropped off a girl at her house after we hung out. She lives about half an hour south of me, so on the way home I had a little bit of a drive on a 6 lane highway with no one around. Might as well use the go pedal. :devil:

Wait, does that mean you won or lost?...

The Prius was shown the tail lights rather quickly. 248hp, even in a frigate sized mini-van, still will out hustle the battery mobile by a fair margin.  :lol:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.

CJ

Quote from: dazzleman on January 29, 2012, 12:13:28 PM
OK, I've got it.

Volvos are very fun to drive, despite their safety-oriented marketing.  They pioneered the harder suspension/tighter steering philosophy in the US as opposed to the boat philosophy that prevailed before.

Glad to hear you had some fun.  What you have done if you'd gotten stopped by the cops, though?  :pullover:

I'd have been fucked.

cawimmer430

Hit 170 km/h tops today. Then had to drastically slow down because some POS first generation Opel Corsa pulled out ahead and struggled to overtake a bus.  :facepalm:  :lol:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

85MPH on a test drive in a Scion xA.

80MPH in the Focus.

hounddog

Ran to Petosky and that was traffic speed on 31.  I was a little surprised.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

CJ

I went 55 in a 45.  I was in a hurry to get to work...which is 100 yards from where I live.

hounddog

I hope you let your car get warmed up first.  

My dad once explained driving without proper engine warming as "fucking without lubrication."  

He made his point crystal clear.  :lol:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

cawimmer430

:zzz:

Had to keep it under 210 km/h because of my winter tires.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

S204STi

Hit a mere 65mph yesterday due to snow and ice on the interstate.

CJ

Quote from: hounddog on February 01, 2012, 09:27:50 PM
I hope you let your car get warmed up first. 

My dad once explained driving without proper engine warming as "fucking without lubrication." 

He made his point crystal clear.  :lol:

I was coming from class, which is several miles and a parking garage away.  I just happen to live 100 yards from where I work...because I work where I live. 

dazzleman

MrH

110 mph today.  Heading to germany in a month, and apparently our work dishes out some pretty sweet rentals over there.  Last time, my coworkers got an Audi A6.  Hopefully I'll hit at least 140 mph over there :praise:

Apparently one guy showed up to the rental place, and everything in his class was booked, so they gave him a Porsche Panamera for 2 weeks. :confused:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

hotrodalex

Considering I hit 140 in a 3 series in Indiana, I think you should be able to get at least that in Germany.

cawimmer430

Quote from: MrH on February 04, 2012, 07:47:46 PM
Heading to germany in a month

Want to meet up again?

Quote from: MrH on February 04, 2012, 07:47:46 PMApparently one guy showed up to the rental place, and everything in his class was booked, so they gave him a Porsche Panamera for 2 weeks. :confused:

It was probably a Panamera V6 or a V6 DIESEL, which aren't slow at all.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hounddog

45 today.

Nice sunny lazy Sunday drives to the diner and back, church and back.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Northlands

50 mph in a zone that calls for much more reserved driving.  :pullover:

I also slid through a 3 way stop ( really icy out today ). Not during my 50mph foray though. I gotta stay out of the car today.  :lol:

2o6

110 mph today.  Heading to germany in a month, and apparently our work dishes out some pretty sweet rentals over there.  Last time, my coworkers got an Audi A6.  Hopefully I'll hit at least 140 mph over there :praise:

Apparently one guy showed up to the rental place, and everything in his class was booked, so they gave him a Porsche Panamera for 2 weeks. :confused:

Isn't a base Panamera comparable to an A6, though? (Performance aside)

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on February 05, 2012, 12:28:12 PM
Isn't a base Panamera comparable to an A6, though? (Performance aside)

Base model A6s here are FWD and M/T and come with less features than even a base V6/V6 diesel Panamera.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Dude, keep us filled in on what you get as a rental, and what you're able to do with it.... :rockon:

2o6

cawimmer430

Had the 1er up to 200 km/h today when returning from Aying. Ah, freedom.  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de