The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

S204STi

dazzleman

Quote from: S204STi on March 03, 2012, 01:04:30 AM
:lol:

I hit 100mph before breakfast.

I like your driving style these days.  You used to drive a lot more slowly.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

S204STi

Last night I ended up cruising home after work at the speed limit.  Good thing, too.  Spotted two CSP along the road just waiting to nab someone, and I was exhausted, so I would have probably not spotted them in time if I was speeding.

Northlands

Today:

80 km/h. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

:facepalm:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: S204STi on March 03, 2012, 11:33:56 AM
Last night I ended up cruising home after work at the speed limit.  Good thing, too.  Spotted two CSP along the road just waiting to nab someone, and I was exhausted, so I would have probably not spotted them in time if I was speeding.

Dude, Colorado is crawling with po-po around every corner. I don't know how you live here. Maybe there was a prison escape. I dunno.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

dazzleman

Quote from: S204STi on March 03, 2012, 11:33:56 AM

Damn, that would have been a good story.... ;)
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

hounddog

Went to my dads to make certain he was grocery shopping and eating properly, and just to have some coffee.

Took the wifes car;  145.  For ten miles.

:rockon:  

By the time I let off the pedal, my heart was pounding from the adrenaline.  What a rush.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

dazzleman

Quote from: hounddog on March 03, 2012, 08:18:28 PM
Went to my dads to make certain he was grocery shopping and eating properly, and just to have some coffee.

Took the wifes car;  145.  For ten miles.

:rockon:  

By the time I let off the pedal, my heart was pounding from the adrenaline.  What a rush.

I know what you mean.  I love that rush.

hounddog

My hands were sweating for about ten minutes, and my stomach was all tied up.

There is so little else which creates such a feeling in grown men.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

dazzleman

Quote from: hounddog on March 03, 2012, 08:24:41 PM
My hands were sweating for about ten minutes, and my stomach was all tied up.

There is so little else which creates such a feeling in grown men.

You took it to an extreme.  I don't push it that far.

hounddog

I was only going to go to 125-130.

"In for a penny, in for a pound" was the deciding argument.  :lol:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

dazzleman

Quote from: hounddog on March 03, 2012, 08:37:11 PM
I was only going to go to 125-130.

"In for a penny, in for a pound" was the deciding argument.  :lol:

What were the traffic conditions?

It's pretty much physically impossible to go that fast around here.  I have trouble maintaining 100 mph for any distance.

Eye of the Tiger

82 in a Peterbilt. Some big azz hills out here. Brakes no work so good.

hounddog

Perfectly dry, just after work traffic so there were practically no cars, and the sun had already risen.

It was pretty harmless, US127 in Roscommon County is pretty vacant this time of year.  Moreso when there is no work traffic to contend with.  It is pretty "up-north" if you know what I mean.  

Also, I was alone.  The only real danger to anyone was to myself and any deer who might have ventured out into the roadway.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

dazzleman

Quote from: hounddog on March 03, 2012, 08:43:35 PM
Perfectly dry, just after work traffic so there were practically no cars, and the sun had already risen.

It was pretty harmless, US127 in Roscommon County is pretty vacant this time of year.  Moreso when there is no work traffic to contend with.  It is pretty "up-north" if you know what I mean. 
Early morning speeding is the best, man.  It's worth getting up early for.  When I do a road trip, I plan it so I can drive early in the morning.  Flying down the road is a great feeling, especially when I'm lucky enough to blow by the staties when they're on the other side, or busy with another customer.  Almost getting nailed just adds to overall thrill of it.

hounddog

You can say that again, Dave.  

The section I was on has just enough curve to make it interesting but not dangerous, at least not in our car.  

It leaves one with a sense of superiority and disestablishmentarinanism-ness which cannot be put properly into words.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

dazzleman

I know exactly what you mean.  That rebel streak is fun, even if you get busted occasionally.

hotrodalex

I think I crested 100 in the Saturn today. A short while afterwards a semi changed lanes right in front of me as I was going ~90. A lady almost hit me doing the same thing earlier in the day, so that was the second time in 2 hours. I don't know what people were smoking today. Maybe I need to get big obnoxious flashing lights so people notice me.

Rupert

Does it bother anyone else that the same cops who bitch about the rest of us not respecting their profession, or how much of a not-scam traffic enforcement it, also brag about speeding at over 100 mph on a regular basis?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

CALL_911

Quote from: Rupert on March 03, 2012, 10:37:24 PM
Does it bother anyone else that the same cops who bitch about the rest of us not respecting their profession, or how much of a not-scam traffic enforcement it, also brag about speeding at over 100 mph on a regular basis?

Yeah, it does. Thing is, I do happen to think he's full of shit.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Rupert

Yes, there is the bullshit troll factor.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

S204STi

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 03, 2012, 01:54:31 PM
Dude, Colorado is crawling with po-po around every corner. I don't know how you live here. Maybe there was a prison escape. I dunno.

If you drove through Pueblo, you actually weren't far from a Supermax prison.

S204STi

It bothers me about as much as an annoying child.  I just tune it out.

dazzleman

Not partucularly.  We all play different roles in life.  Hounddog is no longer a cop in any case.

Rupert

It would be like if you went down to the Occupy Wall Street protests, Dave.

dazzleman

Quote from: Rupert on March 04, 2012, 05:28:33 AM
It would be like if you went down to the Occupy Wall Street protests, Dave.

:lol:
Most people are hypocritical on some level.  There are rich liberals who support OWS.  To me, it's a matter of degree.

The heart of the matter is that they could probably get off from the consequences of getting caught.  It's a 'fringe benefit' of being an LEO.  I don't think this is a terrible problem for minor offenses, but it becomes a big problem if they can get off major offenses.

I don't think I've ever seen these guys complain about people actually speeding.  Their complaint is when people don't accept the consequences of getting caught, blaming the police and claiming the laws against speeding are illegitimate.

There is some hypocrisy to taking this stance when you know you will not get written up or arrested yourself for these offenses, and then you brag about committing them.  But it doesn't bother me enough to really care about it.

Eye of the Tiger

Oh yes, but I didn't want to be the one to say anything.

Raza

110, but just for a few seconds.  Caught up to traffic, then an STi and I went through it all.  It was great.  The STi driver was pretty damn good.  He was spotting good openings and cutting through traffic very similarly to the way I do.  That was a lot of fun.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on March 04, 2012, 03:10:41 PM
110, but just for a few seconds.  Caught up to traffic, then an STi and I went through it all.  It was great.  The STi driver was pretty damn good.  He was spotting good openings and cutting through traffic very similarly to the way I do.  That was a lot of fun.

Fuck openings. I use the shoulder/median to pass. It's safer.

rohan

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 03, 2012, 10:45:28 PM
Yeah, it does. Thing is, I do happen to think he's full of shit.
You obviously don't know shit about HD.  ;)
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle