The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on March 04, 2012, 04:12:52 PM
It's like if I drove around the woods on my off-work time busting down gates, driving down closed roads, and creating mud pits out of meadows.

Yes, or if spent my free time playing Fast and the Furious and hijacking semi trucks. After all, it is all a game and I have no respect at all for my job and what it contributes to society. If everyone had that kind of work ethic, nothing would ever get done.

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 04, 2012, 04:13:17 PM
kk

this is too many
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rupert

Quote from: rohan on March 04, 2012, 04:21:32 PM
Get over yourself- it's a civil infraction issue.  It's not like I'm doing crack and eating hookers while robbing banks from the top of stolen horses or something.  LOL @ your self righteous nonsense.

Uh-huh.

Eating hookers?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 03, 2012, 01:54:31 PM
Dude, Colorado is crawling with po-po around every corner. I don't know how you live here. Maybe there was a prison escape. I dunno.

That's because you stayed on the main road: which is pretty much the only road they have.

And yes, there are a couple of very large prisons in the area.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Rupert on March 04, 2012, 04:12:52 PM
It's like if I drove around the woods on my off-work time busting down gates, driving down closed roads, and creating mud pits out of meadows.

No, its not.

What either of them did did no measurable harm to anybody else, (or the environment) and really only endangered themselves.

rohan

Quote from: Rupert on March 04, 2012, 06:00:54 PM

Eating hookers?
Better then asking them how to run your team. :huh:

NBA owner allegedly solicited coaching advice from a hooker
2 hrs ago
Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has presided over perhaps the most hapless sports franchise in history, and here's a potential topper to the long list of reasons why. According to SportsbyBrooks, documents in a federal discrimination case revealed a statement by Alexandra Castro -- once described under oath by Sterling as "a prostitute ... it was purely sex for money" -- in which she claims the owner consulted her daily on club issues, including "whether he should hire Alvin Gentry to coach." Castro said she doesn't have any experience on such issues, but on the other hand, her advice couldn't be any worse than what Sterling got from Elgin Baylor.

And- it's called humor.  You should look into it.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

dazzleman

Quote from: Rupert on March 04, 2012, 06:04:23 PM
You bother to cook them first?

That really depends.  I could go either way.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Rupert

Rupert

Quote from: rohan on March 04, 2012, 06:19:59 PM

And- it's called humor.  You should look into it.

lolwut

You should pay more attention.

Rupert

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 04, 2012, 06:10:23 PM
No, its not.

What either of them did did no measurable harm to anybody else, (or the environment) and really only endangered themselves.

Quote from: Rupert on March 04, 2012, 04:17:45 PM
It's in direct contradiction to not only what you do for a living, but the culture you claim to be a part of, and the arguments you regularly make against such things.

hounddog

Quote from: Rupert on March 05, 2012, 12:06:48 AM
blah blah blah I'm stealing hounddogs double quote argument from The Garage because I lack my own imagination blah blah blah
:lol:

Your argument is painfully flawed insofar that your examples are crimes against people (malicious destruction of property, tresspassing, criminal mischief, and possibly DWHUA) as all land is owned by someone.  

We are talking about civil infraction victimless crime.

That is why your example, and continued repeating of your example are not valid.  ;)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

hounddog

Also, today;  45

Yesterday; 85/70 for miles and miles and miles and miles.  A little more than 215 miles, to be exact.  ;)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

hounddog

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 03, 2012, 10:45:28 PM
Yeah, it does. Thing is, I do happen to think he's full of shit.
Keep thinking that, sparky.  ;)
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Rupert

hd, buddy, I've been double-quoting since before you knew what the internet was.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: hounddog on March 05, 2012, 10:00:31 AM

Your argument is painfully flawed insofar that your examples are crimes against people (malicious destruction of property, tresspassing, criminal mischief, and possibly DWHUA) as all land is owned by someone.  

We are talking about civil infraction victimless crime.

That is why your example, and continued repeating of your example are not valid.  ;)

Tell me again why speedlimits are so important, how I'm childish for not agreeing with their enforcement, and how I'm so ignorant about everything because I wasn't a dirty cop like you and your little buddy, rohand.

Then I can tell you how compromised your integrity is, that you're a selfish hypocrite, and that you never deserved to wear a badge because you had no respect for yourself or your duty.

cawimmer430

Hit 175 km/h today but there was a lot of traffic on the 'bahn today. Couldn't go faster. And now they've placed "120 km/h" speedlimits on some sections of this Autobahn.  :heated:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MexicoCityM3

65 mph. I don?t want to get stopped driving in the U.S. so when I am here I mostly become a speed-limit-respecting-boring-driver (except when I bring the Ms).
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Northlands

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on March 08, 2012, 05:22:37 PM
65 mph. I don?t want to get stopped driving in the U.S. so when I am here I mostly become a speed-limit-respecting-boring-driver (except when I bring the Ms).

I'm the same way. One look at the name of the Province on my license and I end up having to explain for 5 minutes each time that it's a place in Canada. Unless I'm in a couple of the northern states.  :lol:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

hounddog

Quote from: Rupert on March 06, 2012, 12:54:47 AM
hd, buddy, I've been double-quoting since before you knew what the internet was.
I was using the internet in college, when you were a small child. 

So, try again.  ;)

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 06, 2012, 05:50:11 AM
Tell me again why speedlimits are so important, how I'm childish for not agreeing with their enforcement, and how I'm so ignorant about everything because I wasn't a dirty cop like you and your little buddy, rohand.

Then I can tell you how compromised your integrity is, that you're a selfish hypocrite, and that you never deserved to wear a badge because you had no respect for yourself or your duty.
So, please, explain to me how a retired person is still obligated by the rules of their former job?

Also, "dirty?" 

LOL on so many levels.

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

dazzleman

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on March 08, 2012, 05:22:37 PM

I don't think I'd speed in a foreign country either.  Except maybe in the autobahn.  I don't think I could resist that.

dazzleman

Quote from: Northlands on March 08, 2012, 05:41:12 PM
I'm the same way. One look at the name of the Province on my license and I end up having to explain for 5 minutes each time that it's a place in Canada. Unless I'm in a couple of the northern states.  :lol:

D00d, you need a major speeding snag in the US.... :evildude:

Rupert

Quote from: hounddog on March 08, 2012, 06:59:51 PM
I was using the internet in college, when you were a small child. 

So, try again.  ;)

I'm not that young, homeslice.

Eye of the Tiger

I got up to 60 in the VAN. Then I used the brakes, and they worked.

hounddog

Quote from: Rupert on March 08, 2012, 09:41:41 PM
I'm not that young, homeslice.
Really.  Your profile says 27.  :huh:

So tell me, old man, what were you doing in 1987,88, 89 and 90?

I can bet it weren't using the internets. 

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Rupert

Ballin'. I don't believe for a second you were using the internet in 1990.

S204STi

Quote from: hounddog on March 09, 2012, 01:14:40 AM
Really.  Your profile says 27.  :huh:

So tell me, old man, what were you doing in 1987,88, 89 and 90?

I can bet it weren't using the internets. 

How about acting your age, broheim?

hounddog

Quote from: Rupert on March 09, 2012, 01:27:33 AM
Ballin'. I don't believe for a second you were using the internet in 1990.
You should.

Text (papers and books) and "mail" were available to all students through the MSU system starting in 1988 or 89.

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke