The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

hounddog

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

MrH

Autobahn drivin tomorrow.  Ring on Sunday.  Hoping to hit 110-120 mph on both.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

dazzleman

Quote from: MrH on March 09, 2012, 02:47:07 PM

What type of car are you driving over there, man?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

hotrodalex

Only 120 on the Autobahn? :nono:

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

68_427

3 cylinder powar?

What've you got for a rental?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

Quote from: 68_427 on March 09, 2012, 06:59:42 PM
3 cylinder powar?

What've you got for a rental?

Hey Cale, how fast did you drive when you were going to and from your court appearance today?

68_427

Quote from: dazzleman on March 09, 2012, 07:01:36 PM
Hey Cale, how fast did you drive when you were going to and from your court appearance today?

I set my cruise at 5mph over.  I can't hold a candle to that Nevada dude.
'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

Quote from: 68_427 on March 09, 2012, 07:05:49 PM
I set my cruise at 5mph over.  I can't hold a candle to that Nevada dude.

:lol:
You disappoint me, man.....

68_427

If I get one more ticket in the next 18 months or whatever I lose my license.  I ain't risking that shit.
'racecar is die'
no

Rupert

Quote from: hounddog on March 09, 2012, 02:04:01 PM
You should.

Text (papers and books) and "mail" were available to all students through the MSU system starting in 1988 or 89.

Internet, not intranet.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

hounddog

Quote from: Rupert on March 09, 2012, 08:40:52 PM
Internet, not intranet.
[sigh]

Yes, I know.

Again, it was available THROUGH the MSU system.  But, it was only text and mail at that time.  I am not even certain it was available to the public then.

:huh:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

dazzleman

Well, I think I hit 30 mph so far today.  Woo hoo..... :pullover:

cawimmer430

Our cars may get the shit taxed out of them, but here we have something called FREEDOM, BITCHES:rockon:  :evildude:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Cookie Monster

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 13, 2012, 11:27:13 AM
Our cars may get the shit taxed out of them, but here we have something called FREEDOM, BITCHES:rockon:  :evildude:
What an oxymoron.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

cawimmer430

Quote from: thecarnut on March 13, 2012, 11:29:43 AM
What an oxymoron.

Look at it this way. We pay a lot to own a car, but we're allowed to "[AB]USE IT".  :devil:

Speed limits? What's that?  :devil:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

hounddog

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 13, 2012, 11:32:34 AM
Look at it this way. We pay a lot to own a car, but we're allowed to "[AB]USE IT".  :devil:

Speed limits? What's that?  :devil:
As I recall from my short stay in Germany in the Marine Corp is that most streets in Germany have speed limits, only the Autobahn has no limit. 

And then, that is not even concretely true.  Some non-citizens have limits they must abide by on the Bahn. 

No?
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

cawimmer430

Quote from: hounddog on March 13, 2012, 11:59:09 AM
As I recall from my short stay in Germany in the Marine Corp is that most streets in Germany have speed limits, only the Autobahn has no limit.  

And then, that is not even concretely true.  Some non-citizens have limits they must abide by on the Bahn.  

All Autobahns have a speed limit of 130 km/h which is not derestricted. It's essentially the "recommended speed limit" but you can drive faster if there are no other speed limit signs.

So this sign informs drivers that there is an Autobahn and the recommended speed is 130 km/h but it's not derestricted.

In this situation, we see the 130 km/h recommended speed limit sign and a 120 km/h over sign. Before this sign, there was a speed limit of 120 km/h, after this sign, the driver can continue to drive at 120 km/h or 130 km/h or 404 km/h if he drives a Veyron.

Most Autobahns will have sections that are limited because of noise etc. and that's usually anything between 80/100/120 km/h.

Standard speed limits on roads is 100 km/h unless there's a sign there giving a lower speed.

City speed limits are 50 km/h.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hounddog

In honor of Rupert and his ridiculous preoccupation with my driving habits, I drove a solid 45 today.

Happy now, Psilos?
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

S204STi

Quote from: hounddog on March 13, 2012, 08:55:04 PM
In honor of Rupert and his ridiculous preoccupation with my driving habits, I drove a solid 45 today.

Happy now, Psilos?

I'm fascinated by your ridiculous preoccupation with proving something to him.

hounddog

Not proving anything.  I can go faster than the posted limit, as I often do, and I can go slower than the posted limit.

That I simply am bringing it to his attention because of his anti-social fixation on me is something I do for his mental well being. 

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Rupert

What is hd saying? Sense makes to no little it.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

S204STi

Quote from: hounddog on March 14, 2012, 12:51:01 PM
That I simply am bringing it to his attention because of his anti-social fixation on me is something I do for his mental well being. 

Ծ_Ծ

You're typing this with a straight face?

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rupert

I always wanted a giant tortoise that was older than me.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Rupert on March 15, 2012, 12:18:08 AM
I always wanted a giant tortoise that was older than me.

I want a baby giant tortoise.

hounddog

Quote from: S204STi on March 14, 2012, 09:26:28 PM
Ծ_Ծ

You're typing this with a straight face?
A straight typing face, perhaps. 

My actual face?  Not as much.

:lol:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

2o6

hotrodalex

Got the BMW up to 135 today. Didn't even scare the GF. :rockon: Also tried to drift around an entrance ramp, but stability control controlled any slide before it got fun. Didn't bother turning it off - figured it was smarter to have it ruin the fun than to end up doing something stupid.

cawimmer430

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 15, 2012, 10:12:12 PM
Got the BMW up to 135 today. Didn't even scare the GF.

Mph or km/h?

135 km/h = wussy speed  :zzz:

135 mph = you're almost a man  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de