The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 22, 2012, 08:40:55 AM
100 in the Saturn.

Also, 50 in the Saturn down a gravel road. I'mma pro rally car driver. :praise: Not sure if I should check the paint to see if I have new chips from flying gravel...

Paint chips? Irrelevent. Just make sure no chunks are missing from your tires, and that your suspension isn't broken.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

hotrodalex

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 22, 2012, 08:46:43 AM
Just make sure no chunks are missing from your tires, and that your suspension isn't broken.

I would hope not...

2o6

About 85MPH in the Yaris. The electric steering feels really weird at these speeds.

hounddog

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 22, 2012, 08:46:43 AM
Paint chips? Irrelevent. Just make sure no chunks are missing from your tires, and that your suspension isn't broken.
:confused:

WTH kind of dirt roads are you driving down?  

78 in a 55 today, running down the gas in the X5 so that I can add some BMW Fuel System Cleaner Plus to a fresh tank of premium (found a station with 94 octane) so I have been into the pedal hard the last couple days to get rid of the 91 in her belly.  

Wish the 100 octane was not leaded, that would be nice.  :lol:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: hounddog on March 23, 2012, 03:45:15 PM

78 in a 55 today, running down the gas in the X5 so that I can add some BMW Fuel System Cleaner Plus to a fresh tank of premium (found a station with 94 octane) so I have been into the pedal hard the last couple days to get rid of the 91 in her belly.  

Wish the 100 octane was not leaded, that would be nice.  :lol:

Michigan. Washboard. Coarse gravel. 80+mph. I assume.

hounddog

Yes, that would certainly describe many of our dirt roads.  :lol:

We do have a bunch that are not that bad, some counties, however,  fail to maintain them at all.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

TurboDan

Quote from: hounddog on March 23, 2012, 03:45:15 PM

Wish the 100 octane was not leaded, that would be nice.  :lol:

The places that sell 94 and above are getting tougher to find. There's only one Sunoco station around here that still sells it, and it's like $6 per gallon.

Our normal premium is 93 here, though. Haven't seen 91 fuel in many years.

hounddog

My wifes friend and her husband own this one, so she feels obligated to fill here.  I am friends with the Shell owner, so I buy diesel there.

http://www.michigangasprices.com/Marathon_Gas_Stations/Charlevoix/90834/index.aspx

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

hotrodalex

Eye of the Tiger

cawimmer430

Drove in mph again today. Yeah! I am cool. Look how fast I drove! :mrcool:

193 mph!!!  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

rohan

Last week one of my coworkers took that.  :lol:

http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

rohan

And no that's not on any road that's at the pursuit training we did a couple of the other instructors dared me to try it with my car and they gave chase.  :lol:  They used one new style Charger v8 and one old style v8- neither stayed within 30 car lengths after a couple laps but the new body style was closer by quite a bit.  hehehe  :rockon:

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

2o6

95MPH.

I don't think I will be able to vmax this car. It's pulls so slow after 90MPH. And it's drag limited(IIRC) to 115MPH, whereas the Focus was electronically limited to 107MPH.

hounddog

Quote from: rohan on March 31, 2012, 03:03:38 PM
Last week one of my coworkers took that.  :lol:

Nice!  :ohyeah:  Edit; just read the second post.  Still nice.  CPG?

55 today.  Zone is 55.  :huh:

Nice day and just getting breakfast.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

rohan

~Chief Seattle

hotrodalex

I want to see how fast the El Camino will go, but I shall require a tach before attempting to do so.

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SVT666

Northlands

70 mph today in the Accent. Whoop whoop I know..  :zzz:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Eye of the Tiger

I think I hit 45 in my Accent, today. Went to the grocery store. :rockon:

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA