The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

S204STi

This year is probably going to wipe the S-drives, too.  They already had two seasons on them, this will be their last.  Need to start planning for a new set in the spring of 2013. 

cawimmer430

I really should not do this, my tires are in such crap condition. But I've got balls, balls, man.  :praise:  :mrcool:  :devil:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

dazzleman

Quote from: S204STi on May 28, 2012, 07:45:24 PM
If Jacob were still here he could testify to my effectiveness in that regard.

:rockon:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 10, 2012, 11:57:01 AM
I really should not do this, my tires are in such crap condition. But I've got balls, balls, man.  :praise:  :mrcool:  :devil:

Good job, Wims.  :ohyeah: :praise:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 10, 2012, 06:28:21 PM

Were you on a road without speed limits, or were you doing some extreme speeding?

S204STi

Quote from: dazzleman on June 10, 2012, 03:00:58 PM

Sadly, the road we drove on is currently engulfed in flame.  It'll never be the same...

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on June 10, 2012, 06:30:18 PM
Were you on a road without speed limits, or were you doing some extreme speeding?

That was the Autobahn from M?hldorf to Munich: speed-limit-free all the way (33 km long) and I was pretty much doing 200-210 km/h all the way since I wanted to catch the soccer games! This picture was taken close to Munich and I had a full tank of gas when I left M?hldorf (80 km away). You can see how thirsty the car is when I speed. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 10, 2012, 06:36:59 PM
That was the Autobahn from M?hldorf to Munich: speed-limit-free all the way (33 km long) and I was pretty much doing 200-210 km/h all the way since I wanted to catch the soccer games! This picture was taken close to Munich and I had a full tank of gas when I left M?hldorf (80 km away). You can see how thirsty the car is when I speed. :lol:

I need to drive on the autobahn.

Speed_Racer

Hit 65 in the Troop. It was quite an accomplishment, since it was slightly uphill.

dazzleman

Quote from: S204STi on June 10, 2012, 06:36:20 PM
Sadly, the road we drove on is currently engulfed in flame.  It'll never be the same...

Ugh, that's terrible.

dazzleman

Quote from: Speed_Racer on June 11, 2012, 01:16:49 AM
Hit 65 in the Troop. It was quite an accomplishment, since it was slightly uphill.

WTF?  How big was the hill?

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on June 11, 2012, 01:09:43 AM
I need to drive on the autobahn.

You've never driven on it?

Most of them have speed limits though ranging from 120-130 km/h. Over 50% of the German Autobahns have speedlimits. But there are thankfully some Autobahns in my region where one can experience the true meaning of the word FREEDOM OF SPEECH SPEED:lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 11, 2012, 07:32:02 AM
You've never driven on it?

Most of them have speed limits though ranging from 120-130 km/h. Over 50% of the German Autobahns have speedlimits. But there are thankfully some Autobahns in my region where one can experience the true meaning of the word FREEDOM OF SPEECH SPEED:lol:

Never been to Deutscheland....

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Rupert

Quote from: Speed_Racer on June 11, 2012, 01:16:49 AM

:clap: :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

S204STi

110 briefly while scouting visibility north east of town for tomorrow's commute.

Noticing that the S.Drives are getting worn more rapidly than I'd care for.  They have, oh...20k on them and getting down to 4/32".  Need tires that are engineered to handle more aggressive driving I guess.

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 12, 2012, 08:41:04 AM
Time to book a vacation!  :ohyeah:

I just got back from Holland and Norway!  I want to make it to Germany in the next few years.

dazzleman

Quote from: S204STi on June 12, 2012, 02:50:08 PM
110 briefly while scouting visibility north east of town for tomorrow's commute.

Noticing that the S.Drives are getting worn more rapidly than I'd care for.  They have, oh...20k on them and getting down to 4/32".  Need tires that are engineered to handle more aggressive driving I guess.

....or you could slow down.....Nah, don't do that man.  Just get better tires... :evildude:

S204STi

dazzleman

Quote from: S204STi on June 12, 2012, 07:40:42 PM
Eat a sack of dicks, Dave. :lol:

I don't know what's gotten into you, man.... :lol:  You've turned into such a fucking badass.  You're my idol.... :rockon:

dazzleman

Quote from: S204STi on June 12, 2012, 07:42:49 PM

I find your newly discovered and blossoming rebel streak to be hilarious.  I always knew it was lurking below the surface, waiting for the right opportunity to thrive!

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on June 12, 2012, 07:37:56 PM
I just got back from Holland and Norway!  I want to make it to Germany in the next few years.

You can't speed in those countries and the cops there have zero tolerance for speeding, especially in Norway! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 13, 2012, 06:15:55 AM
You can't speed in those countries and the cops there have zero tolerance for speeding, especially in Norway! :lol:

I think getting arrested in a foreign country would be pretty cool.  "Zero tolerance" doesn't deter me at all.... :evildude:

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on June 13, 2012, 08:02:23 PM
I think getting arrested in a foreign country would be pretty cool.  "Zero tolerance" doesn't deter me at all.... :evildude:

Getting arrested here would be pretty boring. You'll be stuffed into the back of a VW Passat station wagon or BMW 3-Series station wagon.  :zzz:

Now, getting arrested in America is much cooler. Ford Crown Victoria - enough said.  :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 14, 2012, 05:36:50 AM
Getting arrested here would be pretty boring. You'll be stuffed into the back of a VW Passat station wagon or BMW 3-Series station wagon.  :zzz:

Now, getting arrested in America is much cooler. Ford Crown Victoria - enough said.  :rockon:

If you come over here, I'm sure a ride in one of those land yachts can be arranged for you..... :evildude:

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on June 14, 2012, 07:58:31 PM
If you come over here, I'm sure a ride in one of those land yachts can be arranged for you..... :evildude:

I can't wait. :lol:

Can you find a police force that still uses the 1981 Ford LTD? I like those!  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de