The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

Raza

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 22, 2012, 06:09:17 PM
80mph, TOP DOWN

125 top down is a trip, I'll tell you that.  This morning I didn't get much past 90, top down though. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on October 23, 2012, 02:23:34 AM
80-ish, but it was in a huge 3/4 ton truck, so the sports car equivalent is more like 130. :lol:

I have a 40-ton truck that goes 67. Do the math.

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 23, 2012, 09:25:45 AM
I have a 40-ton truck that goes 67. Do the math.

We could start a how large was your momentum today thread.

:lol:
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

hotrodalex

Nick easily wins that. We would have to go over 3000 mph to match him. :lol:

edit: JK, I can't do maths. It'd only be 1,500 mph.

Raza

Quote from: hotrodalex on October 23, 2012, 09:53:28 AM
Nick easily wins that. We would have to go over 3000 mph to match him. :lol:

G37 can beat that, easily.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

110 on the way home, playing with a G8. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

850CSi

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on October 21, 2012, 10:45:37 PM
I think I hit 230kph today for a moment, mostly aimed for a cruising speed of 180kph on the 250 mile drive back from my GF's town.

The E90 is like fucking shinkansen train on these large highways.

Do your cops not give a fuck about speeding?

And yeah, I hear you on that. Even in my lowly 325i without a sport suspension... it is an absolute dream on the highway.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: 850CSi on October 24, 2012, 12:51:25 AM
Do your cops not give a fuck about speeding?

And yeah, I hear you on that. Even in my lowly 325i without a sport suspension... it is an absolute dream on the highway.

I'd definitely get stopped if I were clocked by a Federal at that speed. Up to 150 kph or su they'll mostly tolerate it. Federales here however aren't that focused on sitting on the roadside looking for speeders, they have much bigger fish to fry. if I get stopped the key thing is the penalty isn't that high. About US$60 and that's it. It is a bit of a hassle because thay'll take away your license and you have to pick it up at an office in MC when you pay the fine. You can still drive however legally with your ticket because it will stand for your license while you pay the fine.

Also a few times I've gotten off with a warning. And just once with another arrangement - not proud of that.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on October 25, 2012, 06:27:35 AM
I'd definitely get stopped if I were clocked by a Federal at that speed. Up to 150 kph or su they'll mostly tolerate it. Federales here however aren't that focused on sitting on the roadside looking for speeders, they have much bigger fish to fry. if I get stopped the key thing is the penalty isn't that high. About US$60 and that's it. It is a bit of a hassle because thay'll take away your license and you have to pick it up at an office in MC when you pay the fine. You can still drive however legally with your ticket because it will stand for your license while you pay the fine.

Also a few times I've gotten off with a warning. And just once with another arrangement - not proud of that.

I've been saying that I need to move to Mexico. Are there any jobs there? I can drive trucks full of drugs, if needed.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 25, 2012, 06:29:55 AM
I've been saying that I need to move to Mexico. Are there any jobs there? I can drive trucks full of drugs, if needed.

Now that woul definitely solve your money problems - but shorten your life expectancy correspondingly. And Federales are much tougher about speeding on trucks.  Especially because of a few high profile accidents this year between semis and buses.

Awareness about speeding is rising in general. I am pretty sure this "golden age" of the "Mexican autobahn" will end at some point. So I'd rather enjoy it while I still can.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

cawimmer430

180 km/h with my winter tires today. They're limited to 210 km/h.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Eye of the Tiger

110 with the windows open, getting away from dumb bitch in a Corolla who was tailgating me at 70, flew by me at 80, then slowed down to 60. No
traffic, no reason, amd she had been fucking withe
for about 20 miles already. So my soda sprayed all over my dash and windshield and fucked up my radio. I know what you're thinking, I shouldn't drink soda while driving 110. Well, I wasn't. I was throwing it at the Corolla.
I seriously cannot exist on the same plane as other people. I want to kill everything.

cawimmer430

220 km/h today on the Autobahn towards Neuschwanstein castle. My winter tires are limited to 210 km/h and there was a brief period where I absent-mindedly drifted from 210 km/h to 220 km/h...

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

850CSi

Does your company need in-house counsel?

Is a stock non-///M E90 cool enough for BMW Car Club de M?xico?

I'm moving to Mexico.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: 850CSi on October 26, 2012, 10:32:51 AM
Does your company need in-house counsel?

Is a stock non-///M E90 cool enough for BMW Car Club de M?xico?

I'm moving to Mexico.

Not yet but at some point we will be large enough that we will.  :lol:

Yes.  :cheers:

Good move!  :rockon:

'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

dazzleman

Bribe?  I was going to ask you if you'd ever done that.  I understand it's pretty common there.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: dazzleman on November 07, 2012, 07:06:55 PM
Bribe?  I was going to ask you if you'd ever done that.  I understand it's pretty common there.

It's very common with the local (Mexico City) cops, very uncommon with federal (Highway) cops. It is gradually diminishing.

At the local level it varies from town to town, some are cleaner than others.

'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SVT666

hotrodalex

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on November 07, 2012, 08:08:55 PM
It's very common with the local (Mexico City) cops, very uncommon with federal (Highway) cops. It is gradually diminishing.

At the local level it varies from town to town, some are cleaner than others.

So what happens when you go for the bribe and the cop is clean? Sounds awkward.

Habitual Speeder

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 07, 2012, 11:02:41 PM

Not bloody likely. I've had bribes "deferred" in Mexico, but that's about it.

:tounge:

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 07, 2012, 11:02:41 PM

You never go for the bribe unless the cop hints that he wants it. It's relatively easy to get the hint. Most federales will just go ahead and fine you normally.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

MrH

Been hitting 100+ mph pretty much everyday for awhile now :rockon:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

dazzleman

Quote from: MrH on November 08, 2012, 09:21:48 AM
Been hitting 100+ mph pretty much everyday for awhile now :rockon:

Are we going to have to take up a collection to bail you out soon?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

MrH

Quote from: dazzleman on November 24, 2012, 08:42:49 PM
Are we going to have to take up a collection to bail you out soon?

:lol:  Just gotta be smart where you speed around here.  A small car is hard to get any reading on during traffic anyways. I will say, I'm pretty sure cops give much more lenience to speeding to a new car in proper working order that's using the lanes properly, turn signals, and not weaving.  It's the junkers that are all over the place with someone who looks cracked out beyond their mind that I see getting pulled over more often.

Now that I said that, I'm sure bing will be out on the hunt for a blue BRZ now.

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

dazzleman

Quote from: MrH on November 25, 2012, 12:33:06 PM
:lol:  Just gotta be smart where you speed around here.  A small car is hard to get any reading on during traffic anyways. I will say, I'm pretty sure cops give much more lenience to speeding to a new car in proper working order that's using the lanes properly, turn signals, and not weaving.  It's the junkers that are all over the place with someone who looks cracked out beyond their mind that I see getting pulled over more often.

Now that I said that, I'm sure bing will be out on the hunt for a blue BRZ now.

I think that's generally true.  Cops go after the clunkers more.  But they still like to go after young punks who drive aggressively in sporty cars that are in good shape.

As for me, I hit just shy of 100 mph today, on the drive back from Boston.  For some reason, I don't drive as fast when I have other people in the car, unless it's one of my buddies who's a professional speedster like myself.  If I'd been by myself, or with one of those dudes, I'd have gone over 100 mph.  There were some cops out, and I saw a couple of cars pulled over along the way, but I never came close to getting busted myself.

J86

Ha did I see you on 95 today Dave?  I left RI at 730.  CT troopers were out in force.  Fortunately I had some woman in a 335i pushing 90 who acted as a nice little blocker for me...

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on November 25, 2012, 01:37:05 PM
Ha did I see you on 95 today Dave?  I left RI at 730.  CT troopers were out in force.  Fortunately I had some woman in a 335i pushing 90 who acted as a nice little blocker for me...

I hate I-95 and find that it takes a lot longer than my favored route, which is I-90 to I-84 to I-91.  I only saw a few cops.  Glad I avoided I-95.

J86

That's why I left so early.  Good movement today.  Much better than on the way up Wed!