The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

Raza

Quote from: dazzleman on December 20, 2012, 07:48:47 AM
WTF, you're riding bikes at 100 at this temperature?

I'm still driving with the top down.  :lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: dazzleman on December 20, 2012, 07:48:47 AM
WTF, you're riding bikes at 100 at this temperature?
Just to put it in storage... my riding season is over

Bike feels comfiest at ~80-90 on the highway

hotrodalex

Quote from: Raza  on December 20, 2012, 07:52:28 AM
Not me.  It's a fine engine, but the 2.0T is a great engine, gives you less weight over the nose, and can be boosted to high 200s with a $600 ECU tune.

ECU tuning will make your car asplode.

/Cougs

dazzleman

I hit the 95-100 mph range today on the drive to Boston.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

J86

dude you just need to move to Boston.  Youre always headed there!

Onslaught

SLOW. It's raining and dark and I never knew how much the headlamps in my MX-5 SUCK!!!!!! Or perhaps it's because they're 23 years old but whatever it is I can't see a fucking thing.

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on December 20, 2012, 05:45:52 PM
dude you just need to move to Boston.  Youre always headed there!

I've only come 3 or 4 times this year.  Besides, if I moved here, that would ruin it as a getaway place.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

S204STi

Got the aux power (and hence the detector) back online in time for some road-tripping this month.  Will update as needed...

dazzleman

Quote from: S204STi on December 20, 2012, 09:35:49 PM
Got the aux power (and hence the detector) back online in time for some road-tripping this month.  Will update as needed...
:rockon:

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Rupert

Quote from: Onslaught on December 20, 2012, 06:18:05 PM
SLOW. It's raining and dark and I never knew how much the headlamps in my MX-5 SUCK!!!!!! Or perhaps it's because they're 23 years old but whatever it is I can't see a fucking thing.

Get yourself some Hella or Cibie e-codes with bright bulbs. So nice.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

dazzleman

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: dazzleman on December 23, 2012, 08:00:16 AM
98 mph, on the way home from Boston.

I do better than that on my way to Walmart. Sounds like you need to grow a pair, Dave. :evildude:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

dazzleman

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 23, 2012, 08:11:01 AM
I do better than that on my way to Walmart. Sounds like you need to grow a pair, Dave. :evildude:
:lol:
You're right, man.  If I had any balls at all, I would have pushed it to 130.  I'm a total fucking pussy.

Raza

Brushed past 100 on the way to work today.  Almost on traffic, but I had a passenger with me, and I didn't want to go too fast with a passenger.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

CALL_911

Over break, I'm taking a preparatory class for the MCAT. I have to take the freeway there everyday, so I've been doing 90 mph+ blasts every morning. Feels good.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hotrodalex

Don't think I've seen a cop since last night. He was going the other way and pulled into a turn around section of the median. I figured he had already seen me, so I didn't bother slowing down and blew by him at 85. I love 75 mph speed limits :lol:

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

hotrodalex

The day I took that picture at 110 I also booked it through Glenwood Canyon at around 85 (speed limit 50). Two semi trucks saved me from getting a nice ticket, too. Was coming up on them and both turned their left turn signal on for a second, so I knew something was up. Slowed down and spotted a cop sitting on the right.

Raza

Quote from: Laconian on January 08, 2013, 11:04:48 PM
Me too! When it's not raining.

Yesterday a guy at work came up to me when I was out for a cigarette (nice fellow) and asked "My eyes weren't playing tricks on me, were they?  You had the top down this morning?  It was 31 degrees!"

:praise:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on January 09, 2013, 05:15:28 AM
Yesterday a guy at work came up to me when I was out for a cigarette (nice fellow) and asked "My eyes weren't playing tricks on me, were they?  You had the top down this morning?  It was 31 degrees!"

:praise:

Well done, sir.

S204STi

Not sure what my top speed was, but I hit redline in 3rd gear a few times while datalogging.

cawimmer430

Hit 210 km/h later, but the shots I took were all blurry and useless.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 16, 2013, 01:23:15 PM
Hit 210 km/h later, but the shots I took were all blurry and useless.

Hands shaking or was the car just vibrating too much? ;)
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 16, 2013, 01:56:15 PM
Hands shaking or was the car just vibrating too much? ;)

A crappy section of Autobahn that caused my car to vibrate like crazy. And I have a very hard suspension so it makes the shaking even worse!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

S204STi

dazzleman