The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on July 15, 2013, 08:48:01 PM
24 mph over, mofo... :praise:

You've just graduated from "Pussy" to "Slut". Keep at it and soon you'll be a "Speeding Whore"! :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 16, 2013, 05:12:20 AM
You've just graduated from "Pussy" to "Slut". Keep at it and soon you'll be a "Speeding Whore"! :lol:
:rockon:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

105 today, while playing a game of "Can I Get in Front of that Municipal Waste Truck Before I Puke from the Smell?"  Convertible ownership does have a few small downsides. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MrH

Quote from: Raza  on August 27, 2013, 07:47:53 AM
105 today, while playing a game of "Can I Get in Front of that Municipal Waste Truck Before I Puke from the Smell?"  Convertible ownership does have a few small downsides. 

:lol: :clap:

Played that game a lot in the Miata.  There's a ton here that has a sewage processing plant, dump, and chemical processing plant all within a few miles of each other.  The whole place just smells like butthole as you drive through. 
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Onslaught

Quote from: MrH on August 29, 2013, 06:37:57 PM
:lol: :clap:

Played that game a lot in the Miata.  There's a ton here that has a sewage processing plant, dump, and chemical processing plant all within a few miles of each other.  The whole place just smells like butthole as you drive through.
The main road from my brothers house and mine is always full of dead skunks. That smell can burn into your soul.

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FlatBlackCaddy

cawimmer430

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 05, 2013, 08:00:01 PM
lets see you max out that spedometer

Next year. I just got my winter tires put on. They're limited to 210 km/h.  :cry:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 06, 2013, 08:25:02 AM
Next year. I just got my winter tires put on. They're limited to 210 km/h.  :cry:

sustained, I'm sure a brief foray to 250KM won't hurt them.

Come on wimmer, live on die wildside!

cawimmer430

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 06, 2013, 08:56:42 AM
sustained, I'm sure a brief foray to 250KM won't hurt them.

Come on wimmer, live on die wildside!

I've maxed out the 118i before. The speedometer says 235 km/h but according to official BMW factory specs the top speed is "only" 210 km/h. When I am using my Garmin navigation system and have the car maxed out at 235 km/h, it says I am doing "215 km/h". It's a pretty fast speed, but it's difficult sustaining such high speeds because of all the traffic on the Autobahns these days. And yes, there are still plenty of morons that will pull out in front of you and then lack the power to overtake a friggin truck! Ugh, hate that when that happens!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Played a game of "Catch the 911 Turbo" on the way home. 115.

I passed him at one point, we kept going for a while, but then he backed off. He might have exited before me, I didn't see him much after the construction zone.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

I hit 143 taking off right out of the gas station next to the highway. And that number threw me off big time until I noticed that somehow I had hit the button that changed it from MPH to kilometers.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

280Z Turbo

There's plenty if room for a Taurus SHO V6 in the back of those.

dazzleman

Quote from: Onslaught on October 08, 2013, 07:42:49 PM
I hit 143 taking off right out of the gas station next to the highway. And that number threw me off big time until I noticed that somehow I had hit the button that changed it from MPH to kilometers.

Still fairly decent speed...

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 06, 2013, 09:05:03 AM
I've maxed out the 118i before. The speedometer says 235 km/h but according to official BMW factory specs the top speed is "only" 210 km/h. When I am using my Garmin navigation system and have the car maxed out at 235 km/h, it says I am doing "215 km/h". It's a pretty fast speed, but it's difficult sustaining such high speeds because of all the traffic on the Autobahns these days. And yes, there are still plenty of morons that will pull out in front of you and then lack the power to overtake a friggin truck! Ugh, hate that when that happens!

I really want to go for a ride on the autobahn with you!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 09, 2013, 04:42:28 PM
There's plenty if room for a Taurus SHO V6 in the back of those.

How about in the front? We need the back for equipment and junk. It's already full most of the time.
Don't they make turbo kits for those 2.0 Duratecs, anyway? It's just a Focus motor. Should be easy to get another 100 hp out of it.

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on October 09, 2013, 07:09:53 PM
I really want to go for a ride on the autobahn with you!

Let me know when you're here.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Onslaught

I don't take pictures of things like that. The most obvious reason is I'm going 115 in a 55 zone.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 09, 2013, 08:16:09 PM
How about in the front? We need the back for equipment and junk. It's already full most of the time.
Don't they make turbo kits for those 2.0 Duratecs, anyway? It's just a Focus motor. Should be easy to get another 100 hp out of it.

Put your shit in the front where the motor used to go.

dazzleman

Quote from: Onslaught on October 20, 2013, 04:24:14 PM

I don't take pictures of things like that. The most obvious reason is I'm going 115 in a 55 zone.

Do you think the cops are hacking into your camera or something?

FlatBlackCaddy

Probably wants to keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.

Onslaught

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 20, 2013, 04:44:09 PM
Probably wants to keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
Ding! Ding! Ding!