The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

dazzleman

Quote from: HotRodPilot on December 14, 2013, 11:56:32 PM
An Audi A1 S Line to about 110 yesterday

Was that hot chick fellating you as you drove that speed? :That would really be perfect!  :rockon:

I assume that's 110 mph, not 110 km/hr.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Rich

Yeah, 110mph,  nice car too.  Audi interiors are pretty nice.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

dazzleman

Quote from: HotRodPilot on December 15, 2013, 01:34:56 PM
Yeah, 110mph,  nice car too.  Audi interiors are pretty nice.

Sounds like a fun ride in a cool car.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

A slow 140 km/h (87.5 mph) on the Autobahn today. I only had three liters of fuel left and a range of about 40 km. I had to take it slow.  :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

saxonyron

The road was wide open this morning in one of the better locations for high velocity.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

saxonyron

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 16, 2013, 04:23:45 PM
I love those gauges

Thanks - I do too.  I often find myself drifting into oncoming traffic as I stare appreciatively into the gauge cluster.  It should really come with a warning label.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

Quote from: saxonyron on December 16, 2013, 08:36:00 PM
Thanks - I do too.  I often find myself drifting into oncoming traffic as I stare appreciatively into the gauge cluster.  It should really come with a warning label.

:lol:
Pretty soon I'll be looking at gauges like that.

Nice job with the triple digits.  I see the speeding ticket you got from Officer Dumpy really made an impression on you.  Renegade.  :praise:

saxonyron

Can't wait for you to come over to the Dark Side!   And no,  Officer Dumpy merely inspired me.  :devil:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

cawimmer430

Briefly hit 170 km/h yesterday on a wet Autobahn, then I backed down to a relaxing 130 km/h for the rest of the journey.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Pommes-T

'00 BMW 523i

dazzleman

Pommes-T

Quote from: dazzleman on December 29, 2013, 06:28:19 AM
Were you on the Autobahn, Till?

Yeah! I was a little bit  :heated: though, because my dad had offered me to take the 911 and I denied. Didn't know that part of the A1 was already finished (it has been under construction for a while...).
'00 BMW 523i

dazzleman

Quote from: Pommes-T on December 29, 2013, 07:22:03 AM
Yeah! I was a little bit  :heated: though, because my dad had offered me to take the 911 and I denied. Didn't know that part of the A1 was already finished (it has been under construction for a while...).
You did pretty well anyway.  I'm jealous, man.  How are things going btw?  It's great to see you around again.

Pommes-T

Quote from: dazzleman on December 29, 2013, 09:21:08 AM
You did pretty well anyway.  I'm jealous, man.  How are things going btw?  It's great to see you around again.

Yeah, it's a pitty that shipping over that Audi would be a bit too expensive. Must be a blast with that engine though.
Things are going great. Just moved into a bigger appartment, which is really nice. I have off until January 12th, because of my overtime hours. On January 1st I'll fly to London for 2 days and maybe I'll testrive a Nissan 370Z soon.  :ohyeah: Considering your car, you do great, too!?
'00 BMW 523i

dazzleman

Quote from: Pommes-T on December 29, 2013, 04:14:42 PM
Yeah, it's a pitty that shipping over that Audi would be a bit too expensive. Must be a blast with that engine though.
Things are going great. Just moved into a bigger appartment, which is really nice. I have off until January 12th, because of my overtime hours. On January 1st I'll fly to London for 2 days and maybe I'll testrive a Nissan 370Z soon.  :ohyeah: Considering your car, you do great, too!?
London is a blast.  I was there n August and loved it.

I love the car and things are going well.  I'm going to South America in March and Italy/Greece/Turkey in May.

cawimmer430

Quote from: saxonyron on December 16, 2013, 12:51:00 PM
The road was wide open this morning in one of the better locations for high velocity.

When can we expect a photo with the needle hitting 180 mph?  :praise:  :devil:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

saxonyron

That's pretty sweet - 200 kph and you're only at 4,200 RPM?  You'll hit the governor long before you hit top speed!  I wish I could air my car out like that around here without spending the night in jail.  Freaking Puritans.  :lockedup:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

cawimmer430

Quote from: saxonyron on January 12, 2014, 08:18:32 PM
That's pretty sweet - 200 kph and you're only at 4,200 RPM?  You'll hit the governor long before you hit top speed!  I wish I could air my car out like that around here without spending the night in jail.  Freaking Puritans.  :lockedup:

Not bad for a 2.0 inline-4 with a "mere" 143-horsepower, eh? :lol:

I have had the car maxed out at 235 km/h, but something tells me that this speed is highly optimistic since the instruction manual says that my top speed is only "210 km/h". I would probably guess that my actual top speed is between 215-220 km/h.

I couldn't go faster than 200 km/h because my winter tires are limited to 210 km/h. It's quite easy to surpass 210 km/h and that ain't good for the tires.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

saxonyron

German cars do have optimistic speedometers.   I have a radar gun that I use with my kids and sports and it's spot on accurate.  My Yukon is right on the money accurate, but both Audi's exaggerate by about 5%. For example, my last ticket I was clocked at 86 but the speedo read 91. I even calibrated a 320i rental in Germany using mile markers and a stopwatch and found it was about 5% high too.  So your 220 kph is probably about 210.  A crummy 130 mph.  What a wanker!  :devil:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

hotrodalex

My 3er´s was only off by like 2% (clocked by a cop at 98 when cruise was set at 100)

MexicoCityM3

My cars are optimistic by at least 5%, probably a bit more.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

CALL_911

All my family's German cars exaggerate speed, while the Acura is spot on (according to GPS)

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: saxonyron on January 21, 2014, 09:31:51 AM
German cars do have optimistic speedometers.   I have a radar gun that I use with my kids and sports and it's spot on accurate.  My Yukon is right on the money accurate, but both Audi's exaggerate by about 5%. For example, my last ticket I was clocked at 86 but the speedo read 91. I even calibrated a 320i rental in Germany using mile markers and a stopwatch and found it was about 5% high too.  So your 220 kph is probably about 210.  A crummy 130 mph.  What a wanker!  :devil:

That's true.  On my BMW, the average speed through my trip computer was always less at an given time than what the speedometer read.  I tested it by driving a constant speed and resetting the trip computer.

afty

BMWs are known for having especially optimistic speedos.  With a smartphone, it's easy to download a GPS speedometer app and see just how far off it is.