The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Wheel balance?  Warped rotors?  Parkinson's?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

hotrodalex

104+ (according to gps) in the El Camino with all of my possessions in the bed weighing it down.

cawimmer430

Try doing this in a 1991 Buick Park Avenue!  :praise:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

I don't think I'll be driving at all today.  Snow and ice.  Ice is much, much worse than snow.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

68_427

Hit 75mph driving through 8in of powder.  Giant snow cloud behind me.  :lol:

Also recorded my fastest drift today.  Entry speed was about 47mph.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

AutobahnSHO

Got Sandy up to 90mph in a 70zone this weekend. Just testing. Felt great at that speed. :lol:

I got my 92 Caravan up to 110mph+ on the Autobahn (speedo didn't go any higher), this thing feels way more stable, too bad no Autobahn around here.
Will

hotrodalex

A while back I had a new (2012) Sienna cruising at 100 mph on a twisty-ish highway. You'd never think they'd be so good at that.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT666

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

SVT666

dazzleman

SVT666

It was on one of the few straight stretches of a twisty ribbon of blacktop through the BC mountains.  I was showing an orange Cobalt SS Supercharged who is boss.  The Cobalt was being driven by my mom.  LOL

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT666 on June 08, 2015, 08:27:09 PM
It was on one of the few straight stretches of a twisty ribbon of blacktop through the BC mountains.  I was showing an orange Cobalt SS Supercharged who is boss.  The Cobalt was being driven by my mom.  LOL

:lol:

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Cookie Monster

Nice. Are your BMWs limited to 155 mph?
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: thecarnut on June 24, 2015, 01:47:10 PM
Nice. Are your BMWs limited to 155 mph?

Yes. However, all the speedos are conservative by 6-8% or so. So I've seen 270 kph indicated in the M5 without hitting the limiter.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

dazzleman

dazzleman

I can't believe we let this thread fall by the wayside.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to do much fast driving in a while.  I haven't driven any real distance since my trip to Boston in March.  Even for medium length drives, there's a lot of traffic.  I drove to my nephew's house yesterday, about 35 miles, and I barely broke 70 mph with the traffic.  Much of the time I was below that.

Maybe I need a trip out west.  I'd love to drive from Los Angeles to Las Vegas.  Or in Arizona.  Or maybe Wyoming.

68_427

Damn.  I'll have to do 100mph today then

'racecar is die'
no

BimmerM3

I was driving on some long, straight, two-lane roads this past weekend, and had some fun passing people when the dashed yellow lines were around. The highest I actually saw was 94, but it's possible that I went slightly faster when I was more concerned with the road ahead of me.

cawimmer430

A maximum of 130 km/h yesterday. It was rainy and I was on a stretch of speed-limited Autobahn. Boo.  :frown:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman