Started by 2o6, February 22, 2011, 03:16:59 PM

Which

Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Turbo
1 (11.1%)
Dodge Neon SRT-4
8 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 9

2o6

Same Chrysler 2.4L Turbo. Similar platforms. Both make ~230HP.

Go!

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

I voted for the PT GT, mostly because I've driven a 2nd Gen Neon, and it's not as fun as the 1st gen. Of course, the SRT-4 has some serious suspension upgrades, but I haven't driven one, so I can't say. The PT GT is also more practical.

68_427

I cant imagine the PT being as sharp as the Neon.
'racecar is die'
no

the Teuton

I really like my mom's PT, but if it's gonna have a turbo, it might as well be one of the quickest FWD cars ever made -- the tin shit-can with a turbo.

:wub:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Quote from: 68_427 on February 22, 2011, 03:29:16 PM
I cant imagine the PT being as sharp as the Neon.

I dunno, I'd take the practicality over the sharpness.

68_427

My neighbor has a PT turbo.  Dark metallic red.
'racecar is die'
no

Gotta-Qik-C7

Neon! I never cared for the PTs "Chick Car" styling.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

thewizard16

Neon because everything I read that mentioned it made it sound like it might actually be fun.

Quote from: 2o6 on February 22, 2011, 03:34:14 PM
I dunno, I'd take the practicality over the sharpness.
Having had a lot of experience with an HHR lately, I think the "practicality" value of those mini-wagon retro cruisers is highly overrated. It doesn't hold much (if any) more in the back than a trunk does, and has significantly worse visibility to boot. It's not like it's big enough to move furniture or anything very substantial in either, so I'm not seeing a huge daily benefit in practicality.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

hotrodalex

Quote from: thewizard16 on February 23, 2011, 12:08:54 AM
Neon because everything I read that mentioned it made it sound like it might actually be fun.
Having had a lot of experience with an HHR lately, I think the "practicality" value of those mini-wagon retro cruisers is highly overrated. It doesn't hold much (if any) more in the back than a trunk does, and has significantly worse visibility to boot. It's not like it's big enough to move furniture or anything very substantial in either, so I'm not seeing a huge daily benefit in practicality.

My Dad and I rented an HHR when we picked up the crate engine for the El Camino. It's about the perfect size for that.

2o6

Quote from: thewizard16 on February 23, 2011, 12:08:54 AM

The shape of the opening.

the Teuton

Quote from: hotrodalex on February 26, 2011, 10:58:09 AM
My Dad and I rented an HHR when we picked up the crate engine for the El Camino. It's about the perfect size for that.

:orly:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

CJ

I'd rather cut my testicles off and feed them to a llama than drive either of these.

2o6

And you are wholly stupid for that.

I'd take either of these Mopars over any personality-less Volvo. (aside from maybe a V70R)

I mean, seriously. It's a rolling box made for well-to-do families. That alone tells you that it was never meant to be a fun car.

CJ

My car is:

1) Built better
2) Drives better
3) More comfortable
4) Faster

Drive something T5 and you'll understand.

2o6

I mean seriously. People get on me for small hatchbacks, but you take it to a whole new level with the Volvos, man.

Raza

Quote from: CJ on February 26, 2011, 12:42:00 PM
My car is:

1) Built better
2) Drives better
3) More comfortable
4) Faster

Drive something T5 and you'll understand.

I'm going to call bullshit on 2 and 4.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/02q4/dodge_neon_srt-4-road_test

Long story short:

"The Neon SRT-4 rips to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds, to 100 in 13.8, covers a quarter-mile in 14.2 seconds at 102 mph, and keeps on huffin' all the way to 153 mph."

"For all its wheelspin potential, though, the SRT-4 is a balanced package, capable of stopping and turning with the same kind of zeal it brings to going straight-ahead."
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

omicron

For some reason I want to say PT, which is bothersome because I don't really like the PT.

CJ

Quote from: Raza  on February 26, 2011, 10:44:55 PM
I'm going to call bullshit on 2 and 4.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/02q4/dodge_neon_srt-4-road_test

Long story short:

"The Neon SRT-4 rips to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds, to 100 in 13.8, covers a quarter-mile in 14.2 seconds at 102 mph, and keeps on huffin' all the way to 153 mph."

"For all its wheelspin potential, though, the SRT-4 is a balanced package, capable of stopping and turning with the same kind of zeal it brings to going straight-ahead."

Than the PT, yes.  I'm sure the Neon drives very well...but it's still a Neon.  It has two power windows.  Two.  I'll keep my heated leather seats and non-functioning sunroof, thank you.  I have no doubt the Neon is a very good car to drive.  I happen to like a little more substantial feel to my cars.

the Teuton

Nothing says trust like ripping the shit out of a tin shitcan. Screw substantiality; live with a Subaru then lecture me on that one.

Raza

Quote from: CJ on February 27, 2011, 01:05:56 AM
Than the PT, yes.  I'm sure the Neon drives very well...but it's still a Neon.  It has two power windows.  Two.  I'll keep my heated leather seats and non-functioning sunroof, thank you.  I have no doubt the Neon is a very good car to drive.  I happen to like a little more substantial feel to my cars.

Like I said, just two and four.  I don't doubt that a Volvo is built better and is more comfortable.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

BimmerM3

sportyaccordy

Rode in a Stage 3 SRT 4. Came away a little disappointed. Def didnt have the sense of occasion of a VTEC Honda.

That said I dont like the looks of the GT Cruiser. Neon (sans wing + bright yellow paint) it is.