Quattro!

Started by The Pirate, February 26, 2011, 06:51:30 PM

cawimmer430

197K miles? In a German car? Get out of here!  :evildude:

Those are a common sight here. Congrats!  :rockon:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

sportyaccordy

Nice pick up bro

80s car stereos are fascinating. When's the last time you were driving around and said "you know what, I wish this thing had a mic jack so I could do a little karaoke"

Mustangfan2003

You should make it a rally car. 

Rupert

'80s car stereos are awesome. No navigating through infinite menus to set things up; it's all got its own button or knob!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

2o6

Congrats! My favorite Audi.

dazzleman

Quote from: 2o6 on February 27, 2011, 03:02:34 PM

Now I really wonder if Adam made the right choice.... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

2o6

Contrary to popular belief, I really do like things other than small hatchbacks and Chinese cars.

The Pirate

Quote from: Colin on February 27, 2011, 12:46:14 AM
Ditto.

A friend of mine had a 90 Quattro of that vintage, and it was a lovely car.

Despite their galvanised body, you don't see many on the roads of Europe any more. Guess the mechanicals all wore out.

Yeah, the car is remarkably corrosion free. 

Quote from: Galaxy on February 27, 2011, 03:36:16 AM

You need to fondle your car!  :lol: The 80s dash top is soft touch, and the cloth used was also a much higher grade then you normally find in cars.

Btw, have you tried to get anything into the trunk?  ;) I'd like to ask the designers what they were thinking with that.

I'll be sure to cop a feel next time I'm in the car.   :winkguy:

Trunk is certainly not the biggest, but it will suffice for my needs.  More than anything, I'm excited that it's an articulated hinge design, and not the gooseneck hinges that drop into the cargo space.  First car I've owned with that feature.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

The Pirate

Quote from: 2o6 on February 27, 2011, 03:02:34 PM

Thanks.  It's quite fun to drive. 

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on February 27, 2011, 03:29:58 PM
Yeah, the car is remarkably corrosion free. 

I'll be sure to cop a feel next time I'm in the car.   :winkguy:

Trunk is certainly not the biggest, but it will suffice for my needs.  More than anything, I'm excited that it's an articulated hinge design, and not the gooseneck hinges that drop into the cargo space.  First car I've owned with that feature.

Don't you remember how Ron was practically having sex with that S-5 at the auto show a couple of years ago?  :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Submariner

That's a sharp looking car, especially considering the mileage.  Hope you have fun with it! 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

The Pirate

Quote from: dazzleman on February 27, 2011, 03:40:20 PM
Don't you remember how Ron was practically having sex with that S-5 at the auto show a couple of years ago?  :lol:

How could I forget?  The Audi display was the only one that we were asked to leave.  At least they gave him his pants back.

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on February 27, 2011, 03:47:21 PM
How could I forget?  The Audi display was the only one that we were asked to leave.  At least they gave him his pants back.

:lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Don't fix the exhaust!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

The Pirate

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 27, 2011, 09:47:58 AM
Don't fix the exhaust!

It does have this unholy wail at higher revs that I love...

dazzleman

I can't believe you're not bringing it down for the auto show.... :(

The Pirate

Quote from: dazzleman on March 27, 2011, 04:34:56 PM
I can't believe you're not bringing it down for the auto show.... :(

Dependent on if I get a chance to fix the caliper issues.  I'm thinking I just need to lube the slide pins, but it's a matter of time and weather right now.  Regardless, the Mazda is more suited to the trip right now, and we'll see how the chance of carpooling with IrishGuy works.

You may see it in your driveway yet.

The Pirate

Update with some daylight photos after a quick rinse to get all the salt off (first black car I've owned :banghead:).

Eye of the Tiger

Nice r1mz. Needs lowered and more exhaust.

giant_mtb

Let me kleen dat thing up, mayne.  Sparkle sparkle.

The Pirate

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 28, 2011, 02:11:24 PM
Nice r1mz. Needs lowered and more exhaust.

Those are the factory BBS wheels.  I'd keep 'em on year round except 14" tires are a little small for hoonage.  I have a set of 17" polished ASA AR1s for summer.  Will be putting those on soon.

The Pirate

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 28, 2011, 02:13:57 PM
Let me kleen dat thing up, mayne.  Sparkle sparkle.

Yeah, it really needs a good buffing, at the least.  There's a few spots of damage to the clearcoat on the hood and roof, and scratches all over. 

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: The Pirate on March 28, 2011, 02:15:58 PM
Those are the factory BBS wheels.  I'd keep 'em except 14" tires are a little small for hoonage.  I have a set of 17" polished ASA AR1s for summer.  Will be putting those on soon.

Oh, ain't that fancy.... but what size do they take? The Accent has 175/70/14's, but I will be swapping those out for 195/60/14's. It's a big difference, but nearly the same diameter.

The Pirate

And Nick, don't let the stock exhaust tips fool you, it will set car alarms off.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: The Pirate on March 28, 2011, 02:20:27 PM
And Nick, don't let the stock exhaust tips fool you, it will set car alarms off.

:wub:

68_427

The Audi needs white rally wheels.

And less exhaust.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Eye of the Tiger

68_427

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 28, 2011, 02:26:54 PM
I'm sure you've seen this, but... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkXJST4bExs

That car runs the quarter in under 10 seconds.  Pretty quick.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

CALL_911

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Can you record a clip of its exhaust? I'd love to hear it.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi