Did I Miss the Aventador Thread?

Started by mojammer, March 02, 2011, 05:46:28 AM

giant_mtb

Quote from: Rockraven on March 02, 2011, 01:36:53 PM

This is the Mona Lisa, the Venus de Milo, a Supermarine Spitfire, an SR-71 Blackbird... I keep discovering interesting new angles and details, enveloped in a masterpiece of fluid sculpture. I would buy one just to park in my living room, and stare at. Lambo did a moonshot with this one. I'm hooked.
:wub:

That rear-3/4 view is what I dislike about Lambos.  It just looks cluttered, confused, and random.  It looks pretty damn good in the other angle shots, but it looks like such a jumble of triangles and lines and shapes and pieces that just make a chaotic looking...thing.

sportyaccordy

It is a bit cluttered, but I bet it's less of an issue in real life. I mean the whole car prob comes up to your waist at its highest point.

Payman

Blasphemers.

Yes, it's chaotic. It's a Lamborghini. It's a V-12 Picasso, and I love it.

Raza

Quote from: SVT666 on March 02, 2011, 01:18:53 PM
I don't know.  I used to be a "Manual or die" kind of guy, but not so much anymore.  As long as it is a god paddle setup and responds fast enough, then I think I might actually prefer the paddles.

I don't care.  I don't care if it responds in negatives seconds. 

I like a manual.  Period.  End of story.  I don't care about lap times or arguments about involvement or anything like like that.  I'm not going to say automatics are boring.  I just don't like them and I like manuals. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 02, 2011, 02:14:03 PM
I drove the SL55 AMG too. This car is literally like 1.5x faster. Sorry Raza, that kind of speed is even above your abilities.
In everyday driving who gives a shit? Putt putting around town I don't care what the transmission is, and in any case the sense of occassion from she sights, sounds and smells of something like this would make me forget about that 3rd pedal. Going at 4-6/10ths down a windy road, again, rather focus on where I'm going than mastering a rev match downshift. If you're gonna buy a Lambo to drive it like a Miata just keep the $300K and drive the Miata.

And if I had the $$$ for somethign like this I would definitely track it regularly.

Don't get me wrong, for certain my next car will be stickshift. For a car for mere mortals it just makes sense. Autos have got better but they're not better than a good stickshift for something like a 3 series. But for something literally twice as fast, I don't think it's a blow to one's manhood to let computers provide a little help. The value of putting such performance of the road is def something worth talking about, but while it's available its silly to let one's ego come in the way of sense.

Don't care.  It's not about pride.  Or manhood.  Or abilities. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 02, 2011, 07:04:57 PM
What's it about, "purity"?

Quote from: Raza  on March 02, 2011, 06:58:03 PM
I don't care.  I don't care if it responds in negatives seconds. 

I like a manual.  Period.  End of story.  I don't care about lap times or arguments about involvement or anything like like that.  I'm not going to say automatics are boring.  I just don't like them and I like manuals. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

hotrodalex

I like manuals too, but not enough that I could even fathom saying no to this car.

Raza

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 02, 2011, 07:16:01 PM
I like manuals too, but not enough that I could even fathom saying no to this car.

I can.  And no is spelled "B-A-L-B-O-N-I"

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

hotrodalex

Quote from: Raza  on March 02, 2011, 07:18:14 PM

Lovely car, but just not as awesome.

Payman

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 02, 2011, 07:16:01 PM

Oh lordy no. I would be perfectly happy with the Aventador as it is. A 6 speed manual would have been perfection, but I've settled for less than perfection before.

thewizard16

I love the way this thing looks. Angry, aggressive, angular... just all-around crazy.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 02, 2011, 07:04:57 PM
What's it about, "purity"?
How about you get it in your head that some people actually prefer shifting for themselves instead of pulling a paddle? I don't see why that's so hard to understand. :facepalm:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Cookie Monster

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 02, 2011, 02:14:03 PM
I drove the SL55 AMG too. This car is literally like 1.5x faster. Sorry Raza, that kind of speed is even above your abilities.
In everyday driving who gives a shit? Putt putting around town I don't care what the transmission is, and in any case the sense of occassion from she sights, sounds and smells of something like this would make me forget about that 3rd pedal. Going at 4-6/10ths down a windy road, again, rather focus on where I'm going than mastering a rev match downshift. If you're gonna buy a Lambo to drive it like a Miata just keep the $300K and drive the Miata.

And if I had the $$$ for somethign like this I would definitely track it regularly.

Don't get me wrong, for certain my next car will be stickshift. For a car for mere mortals it just makes sense. Autos have got better but they're not better than a good stickshift for something like a 3 series. But for something literally twice as fast, I don't think it's a blow to one's manhood to let computers provide a little help. The value of putting such performance of the road is def something worth talking about, but while it's available its silly to let one's ego come in the way of sense.
Um, I give a shit about manuals in everyday driving. It gives me something to do. I still get a sense of satisfaction from a crisp, clean up or downshift, or quickly shifting when accelerating away from a stoplight. Little things like that actually matter and add a great deal to the driving experience for me.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Payman

Quote from: thewizard16 on March 02, 2011, 07:31:00 PM
I love the way this thing looks. Angry, aggressive, angular... just all-around crazy.

Yes! You get it. This thing is what the Countach was in the 70's/80's. A brass-knuckled punch to the face. Exactly what the top dog Lamborghini should be.

2o6

It's nice, but I can't help but think "Murcielago rendered with fewer polygons".

I wish they would have put more effort in making it look like a freshened version of the old car. Makes me miss the sexy Diablo.

the Teuton

Quote from: Rockraven on March 02, 2011, 01:04:58 PM
This car would look absolutely wicked in stealth matte black.

Does the Murcielago LP670-4 I saw today in matte black count for anything?

This is my friend's pic of the car, but my point still stands. I got a pic of its $450k goodness, but it was a lousy shot.

One of just 350 made.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Oh good god.  That is incredible.

the Teuton

Quote from: SVT666 on March 02, 2011, 11:41:20 PM
Oh good god.  That is incredible.

It sounds better than it looks, and it looks incredible in matte black. It's so wide, so low, so unlike anything else on the road.

I didn't notice it today until I overheard some guy talking to what I assume was his girlfriend. "There's some kind of car that looks like the fucking Batmobile right in front of me!"

He was not a car guy, and after I thanked him for pointing it out, I mentioned how much it cost. The guy didn't breathe for a second.

There's a Veyron in Pittsburgh somewhere closer to where RBA will be living. Here's hoping he spots it at some point. I've never seen it in-person yet.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

BimmerM3

Quote from: 2o6 on March 02, 2011, 09:59:00 PM
It's nice, but I can't help but think "Murcielago rendered with fewer polygons".

I wish they would have put more effort in making it look like a freshened version of the old car. Makes me miss the sexy Diablo.

Holy fuck, I actually agree with you about a car's styling. Every time I've seen this car, I couldn't help but think, "That facelifted Murcielago looks pretty good, but when are they going to come out with a new model?" Even if this is a completely new model, it doesn't feel like one to me.

Quote from: Raza  on March 02, 2011, 07:18:14 PM

And you'd get beaten around a track by a 4100 lb, AWD sedan... :lol:

Just messing around. If I were to buy a Lambo, it'd be the Balboni.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Rockraven on March 02, 2011, 07:36:03 PM
Yes! You get it. This thing is what the Countach was in the 70's/80's. A brass-knuckled punch to the face. Exactly what the top dog Lamborghini should be.
I agree.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

omicron

It's nice, although I'm not yet convinced I like it any more than the Murcielago.

Payman

The first year's production of Aventadors are sold out.

Onslaught

I don't like ti all that much. I don't hate it really but to tell the truth I've not been a fan of any Lambo after the Diablo.

Even their names suck these days.

SVT666

Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee!!!  Thanks Colin.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: SVT666 on March 06, 2011, 04:39:14 PM
Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee!!!  Thanks Colin.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!! Thats the wildest looking Lambo since the Countach!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

the Teuton

2o6

r0tor

It looks a lot like that limited edition they did a few year back that was themes on the f22 raptor... both look equally badass
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed