Window Tint Removal

Started by CJ, March 06, 2011, 02:04:25 AM

CJ

God it's terrible. It's not that it's particularly hard, but it's so time consuming and tedious! I don't ever want to do that again.

rohan

When we strip out a patrol car like a K-9 our county road commission guys use hair dryer on the window tint to get it off.  I honestly don't know how well it works but they also use that Goo-gone stuff. 
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Gotta-Qik-C7

I usauly us a razor and Windex.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

CJ

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on March 06, 2011, 12:07:25 PM
I usauly us a razor and Windex.

This.  I didn't have a razor blade holder, so I just used my hands, which are now cut to shit. 

hounddog

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

CJ

It was late when I started.

hounddog

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Rupert

Yeah, you've no excuse for that one, CJ. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

giant_mtb

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

S204STi

Careful with that tint, failure to remove correctly could result in catastrophic engine failure.

Also, I recommend buying a Buick if your problems persist.

AutobahnSHO

Our van had aftermarket tint on the front windows. Including a HUGE install wrinkle on the passenger window, right where you look at the mirror.

I paid $20 to the tint guy- he had the old off and new tint back on in about 10minutes.
Will