Lexus LF-Gh Concept

Started by 2o6, April 12, 2011, 08:26:37 PM

2o6

CALL_911

I dig the rear, but the front is an abomination.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

ifcar

The rear looks a little Optimish -- a good thing -- and the front would look good with a smaller grille.

thewizard16

The front grille is certainly garish, but the rest isn't too bad. Nothing special, but not bad.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Submariner

Wow - that's unfortunate. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Xer0

It looks better than the old 5 series, imo.  The front needs a bit of work but the rest is fine.

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

The Pirate

Just needs the grille lines cleaned up a little bit.  I like it.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

cawimmer430

The front is a mishmash of CT200h and Audi grille but comes across as decent. Not a fan of the "F" body kit on the lower front end.

Man, those "side mirrors" (probably video cameras) are small as hell (look kind of wimpish)!  :confused:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Tave

Quote from: The Pirate on April 12, 2011, 11:44:24 PM
Just needs the grille lines cleaned up a little bit.  I like it.

:hesaid:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Laconian

Actually I look forward to the day we lose the side mirrors in favor of cameras. They can't be good for aerodynamics, they complicate parking in tight spots, and they weigh more than a couple CCD cameras would. Also, once you have cameras in place, you basically get all kinds of interesting machine vision tricks for free like lane change obstacle sensing, image restitching for blindspot ELIMINATION, panoramic reverse views, all kinds of cool features that would be done in software and would barely impact the cost or weight of the vehicle.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

VWAG

Quote from: Laconian on April 13, 2011, 05:03:03 PM
Actually I look forward to the day we lose the side mirrors in favor of cameras. They can't be good for aerodynamics, they complicate parking in tight spots, and they weigh more than a couple CCD cameras would. Also, once you have cameras in place, you basically get all kinds of interesting machine vision tricks for free like lane change obstacle sensing, image restitching for blindspot ELIMINATION, panoramic reverse views, all kinds of cool features that would be done in software and would barely impact the cost or weight of the vehicle.

I've been waiting for side mirrors to start disappearing. There've been cameras in place of side mirrors on concept cars for at least the past decade. Especially considering how far automakers are willing to go for 2% fuel economy gains, it seems like the mirrors would be an easy thing to lose when you can get a rearview camera on almost anything over 20K$. I'm assuming the only thing in the way of this is regulatory structure to catch up with the times.

The other thing I'm keeping my fingers crossed for in the next decade or so is the thin-profile seats we see all the time. Talk about an easy to increase perceived interior room.

AltinD

Quote from: VWAG on April 14, 2011, 06:56:29 AM
I've been waiting for side mirrors to start disappearing. There've been cameras in place of side mirrors on concept cars for at least the past decade. Especially considering how far automakers are willing to go for 2% fuel economy gains, it seems like the mirrors would be an easy thing to lose when you can get a rearview camera on almost anything over 20K$. I'm assuming the only thing in the way of this is regulatory structure to catch up with the times.

The other thing I'm keeping my fingers crossed for in the next decade or so is the thin-profile seats we see all the time. Talk about an easy to increase perceived interior room.

When it comes to cameras replacing the side mirrors is the problem of added complexity to the electronics of the cars, and as for the thin profile seats, they only work on sport seats, not seats made to accomodate people varying 3 - 4 times in weight and 50% in height.

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

AltinD

BTW, this can't be but the next-gen GS.

omicron

If Lexus uses a full-height grille like Audi, I will smack them. Beyond that, with the details trimmed up a bit for production, it's quite nice, although surprisingly conservative. I've always liked Lexus' production vehicles better than the concepts, though, so there's still time for redemption.

VWAG

Quote from: AltinD on April 14, 2011, 08:11:41 AM
When it comes to cameras replacing the side mirrors is the problem of added complexity to the electronics of the cars, and as for the thin profile seats, they only work on sport seats, not seats made to accomodate people varying 3 - 4 times in weight and 50% in height.

Damn statistical outliers :rage:.

AltinD

sportyaccordy

I like side mirrors, they help me see how wide the car is

As for this thing I think its hideous, which is bad as its the CONCEPT. The GS has always been a bit sporty and this thing looks downright dowdy in profile, which is a bad juxtaposition with its cheesy show car details. Yeech. Lexus can kiss this segment goodbye

hotrodalex

Quote from: sportyaccordy on April 16, 2011, 04:30:22 AM

Yeah, instead of scratching/denting the car on something you just knock the mirror off. :lol:

ifcar

Quote from: sportyaccordy on April 16, 2011, 04:30:22 AM

As for this thing I think its hideous, which is bad as its the CONCEPT. The GS has always been a bit sporty and this thing looks downright dowdy in profile, which is a bad juxtaposition with its cheesy show car details. Yeech. Lexus can kiss this segment goodbye

Lexus hasn't been a player in this segment for years, saleswise. The GS is in the league of the Acura RL and Cadillac STS: invisible, moving roughly 500 units a month.

CALL_911

Shame. The GS is a good looking car. Not sure how it drives (probably nowhere near as well as a 5er), but they did get the looks right, IMO.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Onslaught

"I can't help but think ugly, fussy 5-series"

Funny, I think the 5 is the one that's ugly and fussy.
Like others here I agree that all it needs is a new front end.