GTCC #763

Started by Colin, April 20, 2011, 12:05:22 AM

Colin

Since Mark has declared that someone else should post another one, here is a perhaps more challenging one to identify, also from last weekend (and no, the report is not yet published or even written, before you think the answer may lurk elsewhere!).

It's not a one-off.

the Teuton

Lancia made a bitch basket, too?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Colin

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Colin

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Colin

Quote from: the Teuton on April 20, 2011, 03:34:29 PM
Look in the background.
..... and you see a Morris Marina and a Rover 216 Cabrio.

There is no sign of Lancia anywhere on that picture.

Try again.

the Teuton

Quote from: Colin on April 20, 2011, 11:25:38 PM
..... and you see a Morris Marina and a Rover 216 Cabrio.

There is no sign of Lancia anywhere on that picture.

Try again.

Must've been the Rover then.

93JC

Hmm...

Annoyingly familiar. Can't quite place it though.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Colin

Quote from: Laconian on April 22, 2011, 02:04:39 AM
Marcos Mini?
No....... right sort of guess, but it's earlier than the Mini Marcos.

And Mark - "annoyingly familiar"? If it really is for you, then I am impressed as this is an exceedingly rare car. i have never ever seen one before. The car that replaced it s something you see at shows from time to time, but this one is hens teeth rare!

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

93JC

Not a Ginetta, I can tell you that much. Older than that.

Colin

It is indeed older than Ginetta (though not by all that much)........

Colin

This thread seems to have died.

Last chance to answer this before I reveal what this car is later today.

CJ

It looks so familiar.

Colin

Quote from: CJ on May 21, 2011, 11:47:48 AM
It looks so familiar.
I doubt it........ even I did not know what it was when I saw it!

It is a Rochdale GT. Rochdale was a small British company better known for the Olympic model which was the successor to this 1957 car. Apparently about 1350 of these fibre glass bodied cars were made, but this one is the only one left in the UK now.