Which car/truck needs revamped the most?

Started by Mustangfan2003, April 25, 2011, 10:45:44 PM

Mustangfan2003

I'd say one would be the Nissan Titan.  It's not a bad looking truck but as far as power and fuel economy it's terrible. 

the Teuton

I was kinda expecting the Chrysler/Lancia Delta to replace the Caliber by now. I guess that's not happening anytime soon. That'd be my pick.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

giant_mtb

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

giant_mtb

the Teuton

giant_mtb

the Teuton

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 25, 2011, 11:18:34 PM
Surely you jest.

Standard Written English

In the English department here for five years, I have never heard that term.

giant_mtb

Quote from: the Teuton on April 25, 2011, 11:22:30 PM
In the English department here for five years, I have never heard that term.

Get your hands on a copy of David Foster Wallace's "Authority and American Usage."

Speed_Racer

Titan was the first truck I thought of too.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: Speed_Racer on April 25, 2011, 11:27:21 PM
Titan was the first truck I thought of too.

The GM midsize trucks might need it more though when I think about it.  Not going to count the Ranger since it's on the way out. 

Xer0

The Civic.

But seriously the Sentra probably needs a lot of lovin to not suck and the new 3.6/6 spd needs to find its way into the Wrangler.  Oh, and the base Gen Coup needs some attention as well.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on April 25, 2011, 10:45:44 PM
I'd say one would be the Nissan Titan.  It's not a bad looking truck but as far as power and fuel economy it's terrible. 
I'm surprised that they're still making them.  Hardly see any on the road.
"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth" ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Speed_Racer

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 26, 2011, 10:35:30 AM
I'm surprised that they're still making them.  Hardly see any on the road.

They are super popular in Utah - especially with the lift kit crowd. All those suburban dads need a way to see over traffic...

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Xer0 on April 26, 2011, 10:16:18 AM
The Civic.

But seriously the Sentra probably needs a lot of lovin to not suck and the new 3.6/6 spd needs to find its way into the Wrangler.  Oh, and the base Gen Coup needs some attention as well.

Business wise, no. Trust, the Civic's newfound mediocrity won't put a dent in sales. So in the same vein the Camry/Corolla/Echo are out.

I'm gonna go with the Galant. It really is due for a replacement, and its a pretty bad car. It would have been average 5-10 yrs ago, though, to its credit its segment has not (and prob will not) undergo the same increase in competition as the compact car segment. The Lancer is OK but maybe in need of an "Eco"" model

Atomic

well, many of my picks are being addressed via complete overhauls, new car/truck replacements or the phasing out of:

chevrolet impala
chevrolt corvette
cadillac dts
cadillac sts
buick lucerne
dodge dakota
dodge nitro/jeep liberty
dodge caliber/jeep patriot (the jeep compass, as we know received much need upgrades)
ford ranger
ford expedition/lincoln navigator
lincoln mkz
honda accord (to keep pace)
toyota camry (to keep pace)
nissan altima (to keep pace)
mazda6
volvo s80
volvo xc90
volvo xc70

note: i left some out due to these being upgraded sooner than most (i.e., honda cr-v, vw passat, vw bettle, nissan versa, chevrolet malibu - yet not that bad as is for '11)

Atomic

Colin

Quote from: sportyaccordy on April 26, 2011, 11:11:21 AM
I'm gonna go with the Galant. It really is due for a replacement, and its a pretty bad car.
I drove a Galant whilst on recent vacation.. and I am inclined to agree with Sporty. This is a car that was doubtless quite competitive when launched but standards have improved and it has not.........  sadly.

SVT666

Xer0

Quote from: sportyaccordy on April 26, 2011, 11:11:21 AM
Business wise, no. Trust, the Civic's newfound mediocrity won't put a dent in sales. So in the same vein the Camry/Corolla/Echo are out.

Of course not, the Civic is still at the end of the day a good product.  My problem with it is that throughout my life I have been used to Honda's being excellent and largely unrivalled so when a Honda comes out that?s merely 'good' I feel betrayed.

hounddog

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 26, 2011, 10:35:30 AM
I'm surprised that they're still making them.  Hardly see any on the road.
As it so happens, I just saw a brand spanking new one on the road yesterday, temp tag and all.

I would have said the Lucerne, but that is going bye-bye anyway.  

I think the ford truck line could use someone other than a first-grader with a straight edge designing them, so they are my voted.  The other would be Mercedes Benz.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

the Teuton

I just read that the (somewhat average) Lancia Delta will not be coming over as the next Chrysler C-segment car. I'm kinda disappointed, to be honest. I thought it had potential.

Next, you're going to tell me the Fugees are going to break up.

2o6

Don't laugh:

Ford Fiesta

Here's why:

There isn't much of a value proposition on that car. The interior quality is very good, as are the driving dynamics. Styling is cute, too. But honestly, I don't know if i'd buy it if I had the money. The Mazda 2 is more fun and a better drive while being cuter and smaller. The Kia Rio (forthcoming) is HOT, and with the 1.6GDI and interior styling, it looks to be a winner. Chevrolet has decided to play, and the Chevy Sonic actually looks to be very competitive; Good looking, and 40+MPG. Toyota's current yaris can be had with great subsidies, and although driving dynamics aren't very good, it's spacious and reliable as the sunrise. Accent has a great value propoistion, although you do trade dynamics for it. The current Versa is a midsize car for virturally no money at all. The new Fiat 500 is an italian Mini Cooper that is reasonably priced. Fit and Soul still hold it down in terms of interior space and exterior style (Soul).

I hate to say it, because it's a very nice car, but what's the point of the Fiesta? I just wish they could add power and cut the price.

Quote from: the Teuton on April 28, 2011, 11:50:47 AM
I just read that the (somewhat average) Lancia Delta will not be coming over as the next Chrysler C-segment car. I'm kinda disappointed, to be honest. I thought it had potential.

Next, you're going to tell me the Fugees are going to break up.

From what I gather, the Delta was viewed as too comfortable and too soft for European tastes.

IMO, that screams perfect for USA.

the Teuton

I have a secret: I think the Fiesta is a better car than the new Focus. Other than maybe power and price, I wouldn't change a thing on it.

S204STi

Truck: GMC Canyon/Chevy Colorado.  Complete shite from the day they first rolled off the assembly line.

Car: Hrm.... Versa maybe?  It was never a bad car, but never great either, and the styling looks pretty lame these days with the latest batch of small cars offering good or great styling.

Mustangfan2003

I had heard that Nissan is moving production of the Frontier to the factory in Canton, MS which is where the Titan is built, makes me wonder if they are even going to bother on a new Titan?