Zagato TZ3 Stradale

Started by 68_427, April 28, 2011, 10:41:30 AM

68_427

QuoteLess than a month after the news broke that Zagato was working on a new TZ3 Stradale, the Milanese carrozzeria has unveiled the first photos and details of its latest creation.

The sumptuous TZ3 Stradale is part of a continuous celebration by Zagato of Alfa Romeo's centenary. So it's based on an Alfa, then? Well, not quite. Its underpinnings are actually much more serpentine than even the snake on the Alfa badge, borrowed as they are from the all-conquering Dodge Viper ACR, over which is draped a bespoke carbon fiber body. You can discern some key Zagato design elements from its similarity to the Perana Z-One (that's no bad thing) and the classic Kamm tail. But while this coachbuilt Viper doesn't borrow any mechanical bits from the marque to which it pays tribute, its design puts a decidedly contemporary spin on decades of collaboration between Zagato and Alfa Romeo.

The fourth model in the TZ line, the Stradale follows the original TZ and TZ2, and the more recent TZ3 Corsa which was unveiled last year at Villa d'Este ? the same location where, as we recently reported, an original TZ is set to cross the auction block. But while the Alfa-powered TZ3 Corsa was a strict one-off track car, the TZ3 Stradale (as previewed in Zagato's Christmas card) will be built in an edition of nine examples.

The first is going to noted American collector Eric King, the second and third examples already earmarked for customers in Japan and Europe. Ask really nicely and maybe one of the remaining six can be yours. Otherwise, you'll have to settle for perusing our high-resolution image gallery below and scoping out the official press release after the jump.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/28/zagato-unveils-new-tz3-stradale-with-the-heart-of-a-viper-and-th/
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

It looks interesting, but I've always thought that Zatago's designs were dated.

omicron

Tave

Oh. Yes.

I want the one with the white wheels and wraparound greenhouse. That is so sick.

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

the Teuton

Quote from: Tave on April 29, 2011, 09:26:55 AM
Oh. Yes.

I want the one with the white wheels and wraparound greenhouse. That is so sick.

Probably for the better since that's the street-legal one of the two.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

cawimmer430

The rear on these babies reminds me of those Shelby Cobra Daytona "Brock Coupes".  :ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

68_427

Quote from: Tave on April 29, 2011, 09:26:55 AM

Oh. Yes.

That's the car being talked about in the article.  Viper based!
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Raza

That's interesting.  I like the one with the Porsche 928-esque rear end. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.