2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP Gets Turbocharged

Started by BMWDave, September 22, 2005, 05:10:51 PM

280Z Turbo

QuoteI am a lesbian....so I suppose she is partially correct.
Dude, quit it with the lesbian schtick.  :rolleyes:
6er is right.

Run Away

QuoteI am a lesbian....so I suppose she is partially correct.
Dude, quit it with the lesbian schtick.  :rolleyes:
?
I'm not trying to be funny.
It makes sense in my mind.

As for the Kappa cars, I think they're all pretty ugly.

The Sky looks like it has a demented grin and the Solstice looks like a slightly used bar of soap with a bit of frogeye Sprite influence in the headlights.
It's not attractive to me, just sporty looking. It's like a buff ugly chick. Butch.

mazda6er

I think they both look pretty good. There's something different about them in comparison to most current roadsters and I like to see that, especially from GM.

As for the lesbian thing: You are a man. Men are not lesbians. Therapy session over.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Run Away

Looking at the pictures again, it also looks buck-toothed.

Run Away

QuoteI think they both look pretty good. They'res something different about them in comparison to most current roadsters and I like to see that, especially from GM.

As for the lesbian thing: You are a man. Men are not lesbians. Therapy session over.
I'll call myself what I want - like I said, I wasn't trying to be funny for other people's benefit.

mazda6er

QuoteI think they both look pretty good. They'res something different about them in comparison to most current roadsters and I like to see that, especially from GM.

I'll call myself what I want - like I said, I wasn't trying to be funny for other people's benefit.
Umm alright then. Sorry.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

QuoteMy wife just told me to stop posting on that "stupid thing".  She says we're all gay. <_<
Are you gonna take that? Pull rank on her!  rokon.gif  :lol:
Seriously, man.  You've got a gun.  I'm not saying use it, just, you know, put the fear of god in her.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cozmik

This should be the same basic engine as in the Saab 9-3 2.0T. The 2.0T eaisly makes 250 hp with any number of aftermarket computer upgrades, one of which Saab officially supports and warrants (the one from Hirsch).  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

SJ_GTI

QuoteThis should be the same basic engine as in the Saab 9-3 2.0T. The 2.0T eaisly makes 250 hp with any number of aftermarket computer upgrades, one of which Saab officially supports and warrants (the one from Hirsch).
The Astra GTC makes that much power right from the factory, so I agree its shouldn't be an issue getting 250 HP from the 2.0T ecotech.

That being said it would be pretty cool if GM made a few different levels of Solstice. Base as is, 177 HP. Solstice GT with the 205 HP S/C 2.0 from the Cobalt, and a top-level 250 HP Solstice GXP.

Raza

Do they have any LS1s lying about still?  I'd love one of those bastards in there.  Solstice SS.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

The only thing I don't like is the "GXP" part...whenever I hear that I think of the Grand Am/Grand Prix/whatever...not my fondest memories.