2o6's Focus!

Started by 2o6, May 24, 2011, 11:51:23 AM

2o6

Bought it today from some college kid needing more money for a Vegas trip.

'00 ZTS, 143K, 5MT, Loaded out.

$1900.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

S204STi

Congrats!  Glad you didn't pay his full asking price. :ohyeah:

2o6

The Brake and ABS lights are on. It stops fine, guy says it's just a sensor. Even so, I'm used to not having ABS.

And the fan only works on speeds 3 and 4. Also, the master windows switch only lets one of the rear windows go down. (switch on the door lets it go up) However, cruise control works. (I had never used cruise control before!)

What I love about this car (unlike the Neon, which I did not personally drive) is the RIDE. God, it's so comfy. And the grip is better than my old car, too.

I do understand why 280Z hates the shift light, though. It keeps coming on at just above 2K RPM. I'm in 5th at like 40MPH.

2o6

Anyone know how to put the seats down?

TBR

Damn it, this makes me feel old for some reason.

Back when I was looking at Focuses of that vintage they were at least twice that expensive.

2o6

Quote from: TBR on May 24, 2011, 12:26:15 PM
Damn it, this makes me feel old for some reason.

Back when I was looking at Focuses of that vintage they were at least twice that expensive.

Mine was private seller.

2o6

Quote from: 2o6 on May 24, 2011, 12:20:39 PM

The releases are in the trunk.....odd.

Also, the indicator sounds are too quiet.....

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on May 24, 2011, 12:20:08 PM

And the fan only works on speeds 3 and 4.

Mine only worked on 4.

What I love about this car (unlike the Neon, which I did not personally drive)

Huh?

Quote from: 2o6 on May 24, 2011, 12:20:39 PM

Stick your hand between the seatback and the cushion to grab and flip it against the front seats (one piece) then drop the seatback (two pieces).

2o6

What I mean is, when I bought the Neon, I had not driven it before I bought it. I didn't know how to drive standard. I had my uncle drive it.

This car is great, though. I love it.

cawimmer430

With that money, I would have bought a 1979 _________.  :devil:

So what made you dump your Mopar ride?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 24, 2011, 01:32:15 PM
With that money, I would have bought a 1979 _________.  :devil:

So what made you dump your Mopar ride?

The fact that I would put in 2 quarts of oil and then two days later it'd be gone.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on May 24, 2011, 01:33:00 PM
The fact that I would put in 2 quarts of oil and then two days later it'd be gone.

Isn't that normal on older cars?

My ex-1985 Mercedes 300SE needed a new liter of oil every 1,000-1,500 km. The trunk was filled with reserve 1-liter oil cans.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Colin

Ho-bloody-rah!

Kevin's bought a car. At last. And a decent car at that.

May it give you pleasurable motoring, sir! 

Gotta-Qik-C7

Looks a lot better than that Neon!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

sportyaccordy

Good stuff man nice pick up. You can prob just disconnect the ABS computer or something. W/good tires you won't need it.

3.0L V6

Quote from: 2o6 on May 24, 2011, 12:20:08 PM
The Brake and ABS lights are on. It stops fine, guy says it's just a sensor. Even so, I'm used to not having ABS.

Check the brake master cylinder to ensure you have enough fluid and when you get a chance, check the brakes too. Don't mess around with stuff like that.

3.0L V6

Otherwise, nice ride!

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 24, 2011, 01:38:26 PM
Isn't that normal on older cars?

My ex-1985 Mercedes 300SE needed a new liter of oil every 1,000-1,500 km. The trunk was filled with reserve 1-liter oil cans.

I would drive less than 100 miles.

Quote from: 3.0L V6 on May 24, 2011, 02:22:29 PM
Check the brake master cylinder to ensure you have enough fluid and when you get a chance, check the brakes too. Don't mess around with stuff like that.

Those are both fine. It made the 30 minute drive home just fine.....it's likely a sensor. I will get it checked out, though.

Quote from: Colin on May 24, 2011, 02:00:44 PM
Ho-bloody-rah!

Kevin's bought a car. At last. And a decent car at that.

May it give you pleasurable motoring, sir! 

Lol, thx. I understand why Europe loved the Focus so much. It's a nifty car.

the Teuton

I will be home next week. I demand a duel...which YOU...will lose.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on May 24, 2011, 04:13:56 PM
I will be home next week. I demand a duel...which YOU...will lose.

PM me.

thewizard16

Congrats on the purchase, the car looks good! ABS is nice even with good tires, so I'd get that fixed or have it looked at, but otherwise sounds pretty decent. I'd fix the window switch, but I'm a little OCD and it's probably not necessary.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

2o6

Quote from: thewizard16 on May 24, 2011, 05:04:17 PM
Congrats on the purchase, the car looks good! ABS is nice even with good tires, so I'd get that fixed or have it looked at, but otherwise sounds pretty decent. I'd fix the window switch, but I'm a little OCD and it's probably not necessary.

It goes down, but to get it back up I have to push the switch on the door. The passenger side front one doesn't work at all. I have to use the master switch.

S204STi

So it sounds like you need both a new master switch and a new door switch to get them all working right.

Rupert

Quote from: sportyaccordy on May 24, 2011, 02:09:46 PM
Good stuff man nice pick up. You can prob just disconnect the ABS computer or something. W/good tires you won't need it.

:facepalm:

While you never need to have a car with ABS, that's a ridiculous statement. No matter what, if ABS is coming on every day, something is wrong (with the tires, which must be replaced; with your driving, which would be far too aggressive; or with the ABS itself).
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

2o6

Quote from: R-inge on May 24, 2011, 05:25:26 PM
So it sounds like you need both a new master switch and a new door switch to get them all working right.

Meh, it's not high on my hit parade.

Quote from: Rupert on May 24, 2011, 07:43:52 PM
:facepalm:

While you never need to have a car with ABS, that's a ridiculous statement. No matter what, if ABS is coming on every day, something is wrong (with the tires, which must be replaced; with your driving, which would be far too aggressive; or with the ABS itself).

Yeah.

TBR

Quote from: 2o6 on May 24, 2011, 12:33:30 PM
Mine was private seller.

Not sure how that's a response to what I said. Just saying they have fallen a lot since I last looked. Pretty much just a random reflection on the fact that it's been 5 and a half years since I turned 16 and almost 5 since I bought the Prelude.

Congrats though, these are great little cars.

TBR

With the ABS, if you can confirm it's a sensor then I'd definitely replace it otherwise, well, probably not worth it. I have an intermittent ABS light and always have. A mechanic told me it was the ABS ECU which would run ~$2000 to replace.

2o6

Quote from: TBR on May 24, 2011, 10:08:41 PM
Not sure how that's a response to what I said. Just saying they have fallen a lot since I last looked. Pretty much just a random reflection on the fact that it's been 5 and a half years since I turned 16 and almost 5 since I bought the Prelude.

Congrats though, these are great little cars.

Weren't you looking at one a year or so ago?

Thanks, though.

Quote from: TBR on May 24, 2011, 10:10:20 PM
With the ABS, if you can confirm it's a sensor then I'd definitely replace it otherwise, well, probably not worth it. I have an intermittent ABS light and always have. A mechanic told me it was the ABS ECU which would run ~$2000 to replace.

I honestly think it's dirty sensors or a sensor or two is bad. It stops perfectly fine.