Deutsches Toyota Museum

Started by Colin, May 30, 2011, 01:12:02 AM

Colin

I spent last weekend in Wimmer-land. Sadly, his diary committed him to a family birthday and diploma work, so we did not manage to meet up, but I was able to enjoy some lovely sunshine and take in this very scenic part of the world. I made a trip out to the Toyota Museum, which is well hidden behind a bar, in a tiny village not far from Passau, almost on the Austrian border. You would never find this place by accident - so thanks to the local, who visited it last year, and who posted his findings at the time, I was able to enjoy it, too.

I reviewed Wimmer's reports from a year ago, and very little appears to have changed in that time ......... anyway, here's my write up:

http://www.themotor.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=338:deutsches-toyota-museum-hartkirchen-nr-passau-d&catid=2:museums&Itemid=42 

cawimmer430

Great pictures and write-up.  :ohyeah:

That museum would be even cooler if the cars weren't parked so close together. It makes photographing them from an interesting angle really difficult to non-existent. Interesting how those older Toyotas were actually pretty stylish. The current Toyotas are so...BAH... :zzz:

Virtually all the Toyotas in that museum were sales failures in Germany. Toyota really didn't become successful here until the mid-1980s. I do like those Crowns, Coronas and 1970s Corollas and I love that Cressida sedan and coupe. They remind me of the Plymouth Volare.  :wub:

And thanks for mentioning my name on your The Motor website!  :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie