2007 Mitsu Outlander

Started by ifcar, May 06, 2005, 06:18:32 AM

ifcar

What Edmunds.com Says:  With the Montero Sport gone, Mitsubishi needs a people mover that can compete in the midsize segment.

What We Know: Mitsubishi will be introducing a seven-seat version of the Outlander, built on the redesigned Lancer platform, for the 2007 model year. This vehicle is expected to go on sale in late 2006, following its debut in Tokyo this fall. Part of the appeal for Mitsubishi to introduce this larger variant of the Outlander is the fact that the company is dropping the seven-seat Montero from its lineup for 2006. It is not certain whether the five-seat Outlander will remain in production in its current form, although the company has apparently considered pairing the tentative seven-seat Outlander with an entry-level SUV, which may or may not be a smaller inline-four-powered Outlander. The seven-seater is expected to be powered by a 3.0-liter V6 which will yield about 250 horsepower. This engine will be mated with a six-speed automatic transmission.

Catman

Not bad, much better grille.

FlatBlackCaddy

It looks pretty good, minus the akward 70's style japanese mirror on the fender.

BMWDave

QuoteIt looks pretty good, minus the akward 70's style japanese mirror on the fender.
Yea, that looks pretty weird.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

Why's there a mirror on the fender?   :huh:  

TBR

What will be the point of the Endeavor once this thing comes out?

ifcar

QuoteWhat will be the point of the Endeavor once this thing comes out?
This thing may be replacing the Montero more than the Outlander, which would leave the Endeavor in its current position as a lower-priced 5-seater SUV.

TBR

This thing may be replacing the Montero more than the Outlander, which would leave the Endeavor in its current position as a lower-priced 5-seater SUV.
So essentially they are taking their lowest priced suv and making it their top of the line model? That isn't exactly a brilliant move imho.

ifcar

So essentially they are taking their lowest priced suv and making it their top of the line model? That isn't exactly a brilliant move imho.
It's not entirely clear what they're thinking, much less what they're actually planning to do. I think it's more likely that Edmunds is wrong.

It's also possible that the Endeavor will be repositioned as a more premium SUV, and the Outlander will be positioned as roomy and inexpensive.  

Speed_Racer

Wow, not too bad looking, except for that mirror. Very clean yet angular.

mazda6er

Does Mitsu even have enough cash to build this? I know they'll be platform sharing, but still. Wouldn't a refresh be a more financially feasible step?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

QuoteDoes Mitsu even have enough cash to build this? I know they'll be platform sharing, but still. Wouldn't a refresh be a more financially feasible step?
Mitsubishi is one of the biggest companies in the world, they have plenty of cash. It is only Mitsubishi motors that is failing.

mazda6er

QuoteDoes Mitsu even have enough cash to build this? I know they'll be platform sharing, but still. Wouldn't a refresh be a more financially feasible step?
Mitsubishi is one of the biggest companies in the world, they have plenty of cash. It is only Mitsubishi motors that is failing.
Yeah, that's true. I forgot they do a lot of other stuff with electronics, etc.  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

Yeah, that's true. I forgot they do a lot of other stuff with electronics, etc.
Yea, they make lots of TVs etc.

2007 Honda S2000

crv16

QuoteIt looks pretty good, minus the akward 70's style japanese mirror on the fender.
I'm sure the mirror is a Japanese-market only thing.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

CaseyNPham

It looks like an RDX and a Vibe got it on. That's a good thing. Sort of.

I think that this would be the perfect 5 seater, for Mitsubishi, but they should keep the Montero and redesign it (or refresh if they haven't already)

The problem is money, and how much it would cost.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

SargeMonkey

Nice, but it has a tumor! :o  
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.

Car Zeus

russo

QuoteI like it honestly.
I second that.
-The C- pillar looks a little awkward and out of place. But besides that, I like it.

BMWDave

QuoteI like it honestly.
I second that.
-The C- pillar looks a little awkward and out of place. But besides that, I like it.
They have to just get rid of that awkward mirror.

2007 Honda S2000

Catman

QuoteI like it honestly.
I second that.
Those never make it over here.

BMWDave

QuoteI like it honestly.
I second that.
Those never make it over here.
Good.  So then its a pretty attractive car, IMO.

2007 Honda S2000