Acura RL
0 (0%)
Infiniti M45
20 (76.9%)
Lexus GS430
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

mazda6er

No doubt the M45. We may have to put the mercy rule into effect, cuz this is gonna be a landslide. :lol:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

cozmik

Would be a decision between the M45 and the GS430 for me. The overall looks of the GS430 are great, much better than the M IMO, but from my understanding, the M is the better drive.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Tom

QuoteNo doubt the M45. We may have to put the mercy rule into effect, cuz this is gonna be a landslide. :lol:
IIRC Ifcar is a fan of the Lexus.  Ready for round 2?

mazda6er

QuoteNo doubt the M45. We may have to put the mercy rule into effect, cuz this is gonna be a landslide. :lol:
Sweet Jesus no! :o  No more arguments for me today.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

My favorite Japanese sedan (on the market now)

I'd rather have that than an M45, GS430, and an RL, combined.  

Row your own.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

Tom

Quotewhat razanator said.
I would agree to, but they are in different segements.  Hell, I would take a WRX Sti over any of the above, but it's an irrelevant comparison.

Raghavan

I would agree to, but they are in different segements.  Hell, I would take a WRX Sti over any of the above, but it's an irrelevant comparison.
You asked which sedan from japan...

Tom

You asked which sedan from japan...
Of the 3 featured in the video.

ifcar

I am not a GS fan. It doesn't drive as well as its competitors (even the RL IMO) and is cramped inside, and I don't care for the drab interior. The M45 was an easy choice for me as well.  

TBR

Guess what I voted for... ;)  

Raza

I honestly don't know?  GS?  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

The RL isn't getting any love.  Where's Yo when you need him?

ifcar

Acura.com will tell you the same things, and use punctuation. He's never needed.  

TBR

QuoteI honestly don't know?  GS?
I assume you're being sarcastic, right?

ifcar

I think he simply isn't particularly familiar with everything you've said about different luxury sedans. ;)

TBR

I assumed he realized that I don't like Toyota/Lexus any more than he does ;).

ifcar

You, and pretty much everyone else does indeed like them more by default. Even when he talks about the few Toyota/Lexus models that he doesn't hate he includes "but it's a Toyota". I haven't seen quite that obsession mirrored in others here.

TBR

True, they do have their high points (Resale value, reliability, and gas mileage), but they have too many low points for me.

Raza

QuoteYou, and pretty much everyone else does indeed like them more by default. Even when he talks about the few Toyota/Lexus models that he doesn't hate he includes "but it's a Toyota". I haven't seen quite that obsession mirrored in others here.
Right.  I seem to have a moral opposition.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

TBR, unless you're talking about just the GS (which doesn't quite sound accurate there) you're making a rather poor blanket statement even below the level of such gems as "all GMs have bad interiors" or "no domestics have good resale values".

TBR

When did I say anything about interiors? And, in general, Toyotas and Lexuses have excellent resale value, much better than most domestics.

ifcar

Those were only examples of blanket statements similar to "all Toyota/Lexus models are reliable, fuel-efficient hold their value well, but have no other traits I like."

TBR

It was a generalization and all generalizations have exceptions. And, in all honesty, those are the only things I like about Toyotas/Lexuses. For the most part their interiors are nothing special, their rides aren't that remarkable, and their styling is horrid. I do like the MR2 and the IS300, but that is pretty much it.

ifcar

I despise blanket statements such as "all" or "none" that are not very well supported. "For the most part" works, as do "few" and "many".

I'd try to disagree with what you're saying, but it's too general and not supported by anything at all. There's nowhere to begin with such general statements.  

TBR

That is because you can't argue with it, it is common knowledge that Toyotas have good resale value (look at the numbers), are reliable (ever talk to a Camry owner?), and fuel economy (once again, look at the numbers). I am not quite sure what you're trying to argue with here.  

ifcar

Resale value: Some do stand out, others don't.
Reliability: Same deal. I have indeed talked to Camry owners before, they're possibly the most blindly-biased non-enthusiast group I've come across.
Fuel economy: You have to know that not all Toyotas get great mileage. They simply make too many types of vehicles.

And it's your other statements that are even more annoying, those that imply that only two Toyota-built vehicles are worthwhile, in an offhand sort of way. It is as outright stupid as someone saying "I think that no Ford cars are any good except that they're cheap". I have to assume that you would criticize such a comment.  

TBR

Did I say that no Toyotas are good except for those two? No, I said I don't LIKE them. Like is completely subjective. Toyotas are good cars, just not my kind of car. The only things I like about most Toyotas are their reliability, fuel economy, and resale value. And, I was considering only cars, though the Rav4 and Highlander also get good gas mileage.

thewizard16

QuoteReliability: Same deal. I have indeed talked to Camry owners before, they're possibly the most blindly-biased non-enthusiast group I've come across.
:angry: Hey! Weren't you just warning him about making generalizations? Hmm?
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.