New PT Cruiser PLays it Safe

Started by Fire It Up, May 13, 2005, 07:50:52 PM

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

TBR

I think they are on the right track, I think with a few small changes they can renew consumer interest in the PT Cruiser so why bother with a full redesign? Also, 47.9mpg sounds awesome out of such a practical vehicle as the PT Cruiser, so hopefully we will be getting the diesel engine this time around.

CaseyNPham

f*ck the beads, I want pictures! :angry:  ^_^

ok, as you know, that above should've been my trademark smiley. That's not good.

It should look like the shift+6 button on either end with an underscore in between.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

giant_mtb

Quotef*ck the beads, I want pictures! :angry:  ^_^

ok, as you know, that above should've been my trademark smiley. That's not good.

It should look like the shift+6 button on either end with an underscore in between.
Oh no!  Dude your posts won't be the same without that smiley!  :o   :(  

Secret Chimp

Yay, no pics... I like that Astra that was in an ad on the same page, though =P

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

ifcar

Can someone post the article, it's asking me to register to view it.  

Catman

New PT Cruiser Plays It Safe

The secret's out - Chrysler has gone for the conservative vote. A spy image in this week's mag is the best look yet at the front end of the face-lifted PT Cruiser, and it appears that the changes are less significant than was originally intended by the US firm.

Sales of the retro-styled compact MPV - now five years old - haven't picked up, despite the recent arrival of the convertible. But bosses have taken the brave decision to keep alterations to a minimum. The front bumper has been redesigned; gone is the 'shield' shaped grille of the original design, replaced by a less fussy nose like that of Chrysler's distinctive Crossfire sports car.

The mag's exclusive picture - taken as the car was loaded on to a transporter - doesn't
give away much more detail. Further modifications are expected, although they're likely to be minor tweaks. Improved build quality and interior trim should address much of the criticism of the current model.

Specifications have still to be confirmed, but we do know that the existing 2.2-litre diesel is being replaced by a Mercedes-sourced 2.0-litre CDI unit. Power remains constant at 122bhp, with the new oil-burner returning 47.9mpg - an extra 7mpg over the current motor. Reduced CO2 emissions are also expected, and there's likely to be an auto option for the diesel for the first time, too.

Currently starting at ?12,999, prices are expected to remain unchanged when the revised car arrives in Chrysler dealerships in autumn.
Nathan Millward