2006 Hummer H3: Baby Looks Big for Its Age

Started by BMWDave, September 24, 2005, 08:23:23 PM

Raghavan

QuoteSouth Dakota, I'm shocked that someone besides me knew what I was talking about.
i said 'what'. ;)  

ifcar

SJ_GTI

QuoteI don't understand what the argument is here, ifcar has stated numerous times that the H3 is good offroad (though I don't believe it is any better than a Nismo Xterra) but it falls behind its competitors onroad which is where most of them will spend all of their time.
How exactly does it fall behind it competitors?

If you are comparing lifted stations wagons to a real truck of course it won't be as nice, but then you are back to the basic problem. If everyone built cars for the lowest common denominator we would have no interesting options.

The article said the H3 had very good driving characteristics on the road BTW, and as I mentioned its generally considered the best off-road vehicle outside of a Wrangler by the people that have tested. So your "belief" that the Xterra is better off-road is interesting to me in only that it shows you can't accept simple facts. I am guessing its because you are predisposed to not liking a "Hummer."

thewizard16

QuoteSouth Dakota, I'm shocked that someone besides me knew what I was talking about.
:blink: I would think the Needles highway was somewhat well known. Beautiful area.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ifcar

QuoteI don't understand what the argument is here, ifcar has stated numerous times that the H3 is good offroad (though I don't believe it is any better than a Nismo Xterra) but it falls behind its competitors onroad which is where most of them will spend all of their time.
How exactly does it fall behind it competitors?
As a blend of on and off-road behavior, it doesn't. In the way it will be used (judging by past Hummer models), it doesn't drive as well, or have as roomy or as nice of an interior as many like-priced competitors.