7 year old takes cops on 100mph chase- to see his dad.

Started by rohan, June 22, 2011, 05:32:44 PM

rohan

I thought that the deputy and officer did a good job- except for passing on a hill.   :mask:  their response was appropriate.

CASEVILLE, Mich. (NBC) -- Police in Caseville, Michigan say a 7-year-old boy drove off in his stepfather's car Monday morning.

Police said the boy took the car to go see his biological father.

He had an address, but no directions.

A passer-by saw the child driving and called 911.

Police said the boy was traveling faster than 50 miles per hour.

"He drove passed and I looked right at him," said Caseville police Chief Jamie Learman. "I couldn't believe it. It was a 6 or 7-year-old kid very obviously driving it."

Huron County Sheriff's deputies caught up to the boy and had to chase him before he was eventually boxed in by two police cars.

Sheriff Kelly Hanson said the boy had a GPS unit.

"He had a GPS in his possession, but I'm not certain he knew how to operate it," said Hanson. "He went off the road several times when we were behind him and hit the gravel and lost control a little bit. But fortunately, he kept control of the car."

The boy did not know how to unlock the door or put the car in park.

Officers eventually got him to open the door and then they put it in park.

"At first he was crying," said Sheriff's Deputy Randy Britt. "He calmed down and he gave us his mom and dad's information and we were able to get mom on the phone."

His mother was at home sleeping and did not know the boy had left in the car until police contacted her, police said. The boy's stepfather was not home at the time.

The boy's mother could face charges because he was under her watch at the time.

NBC

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/watercooler/article/163408/109/7-year-old-leads-police-on-high-speed-chase-after-stealing-his-stepfathers-car?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Ct
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

Raza

Lock him up and throw away the key.  Speeders are criminals and don't deserve to share the road with the law abiding. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on June 23, 2011, 01:06:09 PM
Lock him up and throw away the key.  Speeders are criminals and don't deserve to share the road with the law abiding. 

The article I read actually says he was travelling 50 in a 55.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)