Honda CR-V Concept!

Started by 2o6, July 25, 2011, 10:31:37 AM

2o6

CJ

IN NO WAY DOES THIS DESERVE AN EXCLAMATION POINT.  It looks dreadful.

ifcar

Quote from: CJ on July 25, 2011, 11:23:19 AM
IN NO WAY DOES THIS DESERVE AN EXCLAMATION POINT.  It looks dreadful.

General rule: A thread started by 2o6 in the [car name!] format is bound to be about a dreadful-looking car.

Cookie Monster

I think it looks pretty good.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

2o6

I think it looks really good, fixes everything I don't like about the current CR-V, and is far more attractive than the new Civic.

Atomic

AWESOME! I always liked the Honda CR-V, but saw it as a car designed to appeal primarily to women. I love this new rugged, far more masculine look. It is amazing how many Honda's remain top sellers (i.e., Accord, Civic, CR-V) even when newer, freshened versions of these gems are about to be introduced. The 2012 CR-V, as shown looks more substantial and even roomier than the current crossover. Honda has another huge hit with this Volvo XC60-like styled CR-V that is still un-mistakenly Honda. It is less "cute-ute"... Kudos to that!

TBR

Still ugliest in class.

Also, this is probably one of the few cases where the production version should look better than the concept (assuming they get rid of the massive wheels that make the wheelbase look way too short as well as the hideous black cladding).

hotrodalex

Atomic

Atomic

i like the interior door trim shown when the driver opened and shut the front door... looks like a more luxurious interior for 2012...

CALL_911

Quote from: ifcar on July 25, 2011, 12:23:07 PM
General rule: A thread started by 2o6 in the [car name!] format is bound to be about a dreadful-looking car.

:lol:

Yeah, this looks awful.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Atomic

i am quite smitten by the new 2012 honda cr-v, no matter the author of the thread  :ohyeah:

Atomic

Quote from: Catman on August 01, 2011, 07:23:24 PM
:facepalm:

lol, well, i still think it is cool... i cannot wait to see it in person. nice to have many small and medium size SUVs and crossover... honda, nissan, kia, hyundai, mazda... one to suit many different tastes, lifestyles and budget. i read where there will be a 2012 honda CR-V "Si", but the source did not seem to echo what has been supplied by more reliable sources.

my favorite is vw tiguan SEL... one of the most compliant riding and handling vehicles in its class, but at an enormous cost unless one can do without all of the bells and whistles.

Galaxy

The sad thing is the front 3/4 view is probably the highlight. Viewing that face directly from the front is prbably not to attractive. And that rear light buldging around the back has the potential to be downright scary.  :mask:

Atomic

Quote from: Galaxy on August 07, 2011, 01:07:08 PM
The sad thing is the front 3/4 view is probably the highlight. Viewing that face directly from the front is probably not to attractive. And that rear light bulging around the back has the potential to be downright scary.  :mask:

scary is an improvement over too cute a 'ute! lol. i like what looks like a shoot of steroids to a very well received current CR-V. i need a vehicle about its size and find the VW tiguan quite attractive, as it looks more like a pumped up VW GTI. chevy and GMC are enjoying a successful run of equinox and terrain SUV/crossover vehicles and i see hordes more men and women combined driving them; whereas, i cannot say the same with toyota's RAV-4 and honda's hot selling CR-V.

scary, mean, aggressive, menacing? i can live with these traits   :lol:

2o6

Raza

That does look better, but it still looks like they cut up four different cars and welded them together.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CALL_911

Looks Chinese. Ergo, it looks like shit.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

AutobahnSHO

What's with the tiny windows look??
Will

MX793

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on November 19, 2011, 05:33:42 AM
What's with the tiny windows look??

High beltline with narrow windows makes it look fast.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Atomic

one nice thing: better choices: 2013 ford escape, mazda CX5 and the '12 CR-V. still love the VW tiguan SEL, but not at nearly $40,000.00 loaded. the CR-V, with standard back-up camera and other great features will cost roughly the same (if not the same) as '11 prices, pre honda press.

Submariner

Quote from: Raza  on October 31, 2011, 02:16:18 PM
That does look better, but it still looks like they cut up four different cars and welded them together.

The front end looks like a Murano, the back end looks like a tumor.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

68_427

I think there's one problem with this whole segment...

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

I don't understand why you guys think the CX-5 is the second coming just because it has a Mazda badge on it.

68_427

If any other manufacturer makes a small SUV that has the perceived quality and dynamics the CX-5 has, along with fantastic looks then you can ask that again.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

But Mazda's current lineup does nothing to convince me otherwise. IMO, nothing they make has THAT MUCH of a competitive sporty edge over their competitors. (Not to say I don't like their cars, but there is nothing to convince me otherwise)

Onslaught

Quote from: 2o6 on November 20, 2011, 05:55:00 PM
I don't understand why you guys think the CX-5 is the second coming just because it has a Mazda badge on it.

That's all it needs.

Anyway, the CX-5 looks better then this thing. Those tail lights are ugly as shit on the Honda.
Not that I really give a crap about these kinds of cars/suv things.

Quote from: 2o6 on November 20, 2011, 06:47:02 PM
But Mazda's current lineup does nothing to convince me otherwise. IMO, nothing they make has THAT MUCH of a competitive sporty edge over their competitors. (Not to say I don't like their cars, but there is nothing to convince me otherwise)
Every car they make leans more towards sport then most manufactures. Even the CX-9 and Mazda5 are "sporty" for their class. It's what Mazda's all about.