Video: Cars Can't Lane Split

Started by 2o6, July 27, 2011, 07:14:51 PM

2o6

http://youtu.be/oD6XdvARIVg

I don't know whats worse, the BMW lane splitting, or the people who think that the Camera car is in the wrong.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

ifcar

I can't tell why the car on the right swerves into the camera car after the BMW passes; was it knocked about during the passing maneuver?

Laconian

I think it was knocked about and the driver overcorrected.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on July 27, 2011, 07:28:12 PM
Both are abominable.

The camera car was passing.

Quote from: Laconian on July 27, 2011, 07:52:42 PM
I think it was knocked about and the driver overcorrected.

It looked like the BMW clearly knocked it in the other lane. The Corsa driver had no time to do anything.

hotrodalex

Quote from: ifcar on July 27, 2011, 07:50:27 PM
I can't tell why the car on the right swerves into the camera car after the BMW passes; was it knocked about during the passing maneuver?

Oh yeah it was knocked. The BMW went airborne a little bit after hitting it.

bing_oh

Looks like a minor lane violation there... :confused:

hotrodalex

I think the BMW was trying to "shoot the gap", but failed miserably.

MrH

It was probably more likely he was just going fast, and thought he could swerve between the two.  Didn't expect them to line up side by side by the time he got there.  No one really intentional tries to shoot for a gap between two lanes.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

shp4man

The result of a person who can't drive, but thinks he owns the road. I say pull his license. Forever. The world would be a better place with him as a pedestrian.

S204STi

Heh, I had a BMW try to share lanes with me last weekend. (On my motorcycle...) Good thing I'm not armed. :lol: